Game Length

Sry, Raven, it' just I saw what happened on your last forum (I think it was saber whips). Also I'm tired. Instead of diatribing, I should have just written a question mark and moved on. So I'll do that now.

?

I'd agree that Taris was the biggest planet. I'd say Dantooine wasn't that small. The others did have little to do on them. Manaan had almost nothing, but it took a long time because everything on that planet was tedious and long.

While I played KOTOR, I was also playing Kingdom Hearts on the PS2.

Kingdom Hearts had tons of worlds, each similiar in size to KOTOR worlds. The levels were far more dynamic, and the game featured more puzzles. All the dialogue was voice-acted by a stellar cast, and the graphics were just as good. The minigames were fun, combat was more interesting, and I have a hard time finding an advantage KOTOR has over Kingdom Hearts save for the lightsabers.

KOTOR has better character development (statistically and personality), maybe plot, a classic, famous, and great setting (though Hearts was funny in its setting), better character choices (party selection), ranged weapons.

I'd say the combat in KOTOR is fine...excellent as many d20 RPG combat systems turn out being boring and pathetic seeming.

I do see your point. Hearts has almost every advantage over KOTOR, yet KOTOR manages to be a better game. KOTOR needs minigames (better ones), and optional bosses (Omega Weapon). And more of a challenge at least in optional parts of the game.

I agree. I think most people who weren't FF fans said "Ugh. Disney" and never looked at it. I'll admit, I'm a big FF fan (VIII rules) and I grimaced when I saw that Square was making their next game with Disney. I was sure that that had ruined the company and FF would never be as good again.

Kingdom Hearts is on the PS2.

It's put out by SqaureSoft, and one of the best selling titles on the Playstation though it was completely looked over at launch.

The premise is that the Heartless have been invading worlds. They devour people's souls, and destroy worlds. You play Sora, a boy who dreamed of leaving his world, and travelling to other worlds. You receive a keyblade, a weapon that can destroy the Heartless, and travel to a variety of words to uncover the mystery of "Kingdom Hearts".

The soundtrack is awesome, and the voice cast is the best I've ever seen assembled for a game. James Woods reprises his role as Hades, Billy Zane is the villian, Haley Joel Osmet is Sora, etc. etc.

The game mixes characters from the Final Fantasy series with Disney movies. The Nightmare Before Christmas World is the best. Gameplay is relatively unique. It's somewhat of an action RPG in a 3D world. You control the swordplay with the controller, and battles occur in real time. You can script actions for your party, and you have magic, items, and stats a plenty. The real joy of the game is the level design. Once you get to Alice in Wonderland, and see the many ways each level can be twisted and changed around, you'll be amazed. The game has tons and tons of secrets to explore.

Bear in mind, I've never played Kingdom Hearts, but what I've seen of it doesn't really impress me. The character designs look somewhat ugly, and I'am not talking about the Disney characters. I've heard the combat system is mostly button mashing(menus in an real-time action game?) and that while the worlds look nice they are largely uninhabited.

Putten mashing is not really involved, trust me. You can do a number of consecutive attacks dependent on your level. You also can jump, dodge, block and run in real time when you're fighting. Of course many worlds are uninhabited. E.g. Tarzan's world is the middle of the jungle where 3 or 4 people live. Traveler's town is highly inhabited. Awesome cameo appearances (SQUALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) make the game awesome. The disney thing just throws people off at first.