What happened to the itty bitty birdies??

mkreku

I just moved into a big house with some extra bedrooms. The ferrets get their own room and would certainly be kept seperate from the snake. The snake only eats once every few weeks anyways, and that's usually one rat. My buddy is giving it to me since he's moving back to Hawaii. There are no snakes on the island.

And I know about the California thing. When I moved out there I had to get rid of the ferret I had at the time.

I also am not sure the snake is fast enough for the ferrets, but I won't risk it.

Ferrets are awesome. I'd love to have a couple, but I've got a thing about not wanting to keep caged animals. Unless it's a huge cage, but I haven't room for that.

Snakes are great, and I love them, but I could never keep one. I could never bring myself to feed it what it requires.

newlogo.gif

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. (Unless you're a woman, but I'm not opening the Volourn bag again).

Ferrets need lots of exercise and room. When I'm the pet store, I see people buying a single ferret and a tiny cage. I always encourage them to wait until they can get a second ferret and a large cage.

It's inhumane keeping an animal with that much energy alone and in a small cage.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. (Unless you're a woman, but I'm not opening the Volourn bag again).

Ferrets need lots of exercise and room. When I'm the pet store, I see people buying a single ferret and a tiny cage. I always encourage them to wait until they can get a second ferret and a large cage.

It's inhumane keeping an animal with that much energy alone and in a small cage.

My cousin's just let theirs have free run of their house. :(

Free roaming rodents are great as long as you don't have other pets with predatory inclinations (like some cats and dogs). I'd love to have free roaming ferrets or a rabbit, but my cats would just see them as prey. Prey that fights back, of course, ultimately leading to all sorts of damage on both sides and more vet bills.

newlogo.gif

Free roaming rodents are great as long as you don't have other pets with predatory inclinations (like some cats and dogs). I'd love to have free roaming ferrets or a rabbit, but my cats would just see them as prey. Prey that fights back, of course, ultimately leading to all sorts of damage on both sides and more vet bills.

You'd be surprised, our poodle thinks that my sister's guinea pigs are puppies, as do our cats. Stupid retarded animals. :huh:

And all of them are so scared of my iguana they just leave it alone regardless. :unsure: