New Planet...plus 2004 release rumor

Let me tell you story.

When KOTOR came out for PC, i posted my prdection for the release of KOTOR 2. I used the following assumptions

1)Xbox 2 would come out by 2006 so the game would have to come out before then if the 'buy a xbox for kotor 2' theory would work'

2) It would be financily sucessful.

3) Ign had posted the article, which was right after all.

I therefore said that the game would come out early 2005. It made sense. However other gamers had a cry bout that, it was all romours and for somereason needed the 'offical' statment.

Now KOTOR 3 will come as a realease title for xbox 2. Microsoft want it. Lucasarts can see the $$$ fir it now. A engine for the game is already underway most likely.

The moral of the story is that you dont always need offical annoucements to know if and when a game will come out. Just use logic and its all works out.

Every Bioware game has had something close to 1 billion release date GUESSES thrown around about them. Big surprise some of them actually hit close to the mark. :unsure: Most were way off.

P.S. Work on your storytelling skills

He might be arrogant, but it doesn't help to bash 'em.

But yeah: that proves nothing. If you had some special basis for your guess, I'd say otherwise; but honestly, not even LA probably knows where this is headed right now. And if they start working on a new engine, well... Bioware is tied up, confirmed, and so is Obsidian - they have their own IP's they want to sell after this.

Now, if you had predicted that Obsidian (before anyone heard about them) was going to develop, or even former BIS people were going to instead of Bioware, I'd really have faith. Maybe.

The fact is, you can only remember, you can't predict. I could say the armageddon would hit in five years, and who would be there to deny it? Then if it DID come, does that make me right? Does that mean people should've trusted me? Hell no. So just get over it when people don't necessarily think that's what'll happen, just as you predict.

EDIT: P.S.

Love the sig, shady.

Even with what Akari said that makes me a bit nervous. If it were any publisher other than LA I'd believe it, but we've seen far too many cheats and tricks from them on other games and with a sequel I wouldn't doubt for a second they'd compormise it for a holiday cash-in.

Even with what Akari said that makes me a bit nervous. If it were any publisher other than LA I'd believe it, but we've seen far too many cheats and tricks from them on other games and with a sequel I wouldn't doubt for a second they'd compormise it for a holiday cash-in.

Countless of games have sadly fallen in this category. But considering what Obsidian has to prove as being a 'new' company to the market, i have some doubt that this game will be rushed one.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just thought I would take a moment to weigh in on this before too much guessing gets out of hand. It is true that the release date of the game may be in flux. However, it has no impact on when we at Obsidian would have to be done with our part. Our deadline to turn the game in for final approval is the same either way. It's more of a matter of Lucas Arts getting their part done in time (music, voice overs, marketing, etc.), as well as a number of other factors that determine when they think it would be best to release the game.

So a change in the release date will not affect the time we have to work on the game on our end. Just so everyone knows. :)

-Akari

Hmm...

A good game is more likely to make money than a bad game.

LA knows that a lot of focus is on this game and Obsidian. LA knows that people will compare it to the first game. I don't think LA is looking for a gimmic to rush sales for one month and ship a bad game. Great games continue to sell long after the month of their release.