[Solved] Does "suspect" mean confirming crimes in the Vailian terminology?

I nearly lost a bounty quest due to the dialog being not easy-to-understand to every player. Fortunately, with a forum member's help, I can embark on that quest. For details, please see this thread.

That reminds me of another bounty quest which I think I wouldn't do it. About that bounty quest, the Vailian bounty hunter fixer, who works for the Vailian Trading Company, wants me to hunt down a captain because they suspect the captain of intimidating survey ships (the company's, apparently), as shown in the attached figure. When I learned such a reason of theirs, I did not take the quest because I thought they only have a suspicion and do not have any proof. I don't want to wrongfully kill a captain.

But after I gained the other bounty quest, which I described in the first paragraph, I can't help wondering whether there is anything I missed in the dialog of this bounty quest, such as not fully understanding the word "suspect" in the Vailian terminology.

So, can anyone please help? Does the bounty offerers (the Vailian Trading Company) of this quest really only have suspicion? Or do they mean they already confirmed the target's crimes?

suspect.png

Edited by IanTheWizard

• IanTheWizard changed the title to Does "suspect" mean confirming crimes in the Vailian terminology?

Very likely her evidence is too flimsy to make a case. Something like survey ships in the area report keep reporting back after being intimidated. Perhaps all reports mention an Auamua captain or a ship flying an RDC flag. Regardless Desiwa the Shark is known to sail this area. So it least seems plausible that she might be the one responsible, no?

Edited by Kvellen
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kvellen said:

Very likely her evidence is too flimsy to make a case. Something like survey ships in the area report keep reporting being intimidated. Perhaps they all report an Auamua captain or a ship flying an RDC flag. Desiwa the Shark is known to sail this area. It seems plausible, no?

I see. So they are really just suspecting.

When I have a chance to sail to that area, I probably would try putting up a flag of the Vailian Trading Company and see if the target would attack me or not. If I get attacked, that would prove the target really is guilty and I would then take the opportunity to complete the quest.

Edited by IanTheWizard
  • Like 1

Update (spoiler alert)

I sailed to that area today. At first, my ship flew my original flag and passed by the target ship with no conflict occurred. The target ship sailed away slowly and leisurely like they cared nothing about me.

But after I put up a flag of the Vailian Trading Company and approached them again from behind, they suddenly turned towards me and sailed to me in a noticeably faster speed. And then the battle began.

So that proved they were the one causing troubles to the Vailian Trading Company's survey ships.

By the way, after defeating the target, if you haven't taken the quest and returned to the bounty hunter fixer, you would see the original dialog option for taking the quest and the second one for directly notifying her of the completion, as the attached figure shows. In that case, you would only get money and no exp if you choose the second dialog option. You need to choose the first dialog option first in order to get both money and exp.

Last but not least, I would like to give the devs a thumb up on this detailed design of NPC having different reactions based on what flag you fly on your ship. 👍

return.png

Edited by IanTheWizard
  • Like 2

• IanTheWizard changed the title to [Solved] Does "suspect" mean confirming crimes in the Vailian terminology?