[Suggestion] Change race names to subrace names in the description text of cultures

I chose Old Vailia as my meadow folk wizard's culture in both POE1 and 2 because it gives +1 Intellect and also because its description text in POE1 made me think that the "humans" it refers to are meadow folks.

But after I made some progression in POE2, I realized that humans in Old Vailia were dominantly ocean folks.

I think the description text is unclear in this respect and can easily cause players to choose mismatched cultures for their characters, like my case.

The issue can also result in illogical conversations with NPCs. For example, there is a quest-bestowing NPC who is a ocean folk woman, and during our conversation she welcomed me saying "a face from the motherland is a welcome sight" (there is an Old Vailia icon at the beginning of that sentence of hers). And that's totally illogical.

To players who take role playing seriously, the aforementioned issues can be unpleasant. Therefore, I suggest that the race names be changed to subrace names in the description text of cultures, or at least adding a solution so that it's easier for players to know a subrace is the dominant one in a specific culture.

Edited by IanTheWizard
  • Hmmm 1

I can't edit my post for some reason, anyhow here's the changes I meant to post:

Old Vailia:

Counting many humans and dwarves among their ranks ---> Counting many ocean folks and mountain dwarves among their ranks

Aedyr:

The nation of Aedyr is at its heart and houses the majority of its human and elven populace. ---> The nation of Aedyr is at its heart and houses the majority of its meadow folk and wood elf populace.

Ixtamil:

extensively farmed by its savanna folk and orlan residents ---> extensively farmed by its savanna folk and hearth orlan residents

Edited by Noqn
  • Thanks 1