Ok I don't know where else to ask and I'm too shy to bother anyone by asking, so I'm just putting it where I can, I hope for your understanding.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but after spending many hours in PoE I haven't found (in my opinion) enough lore regarding orlans. They are too much in my heart, and I would like to hear something interesting. About clothing, life, in general lore of race beyond a short description. Where can I go with such a request? Can I somehow contact the developers? Or should I resign myself and just make up my own headcanon-lore for them...? 

• Like 1

the wiki seems deficient. there's supplemental books to both poe1 and poe2 that were part of backer content, maybe you can find pdfs, that can lend more insight into the lore.

there's also additional lore dumps in-game. most notably, in FS, one of the "redacted" books you find talks about the orlan empire a tantlizingly brief bit (something like "they built an empire on compassion and for that they were punished")

• Like 3

You can check this sources, a part from wiki:

A part of the above, nothing other comes to my mind now 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Chaospread
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, karjalan_troll said:

Ok I don't know where else to ask and I'm too shy to bother anyone by asking, so I'm just putting it where I can, I hope for your understanding.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but after spending many hours in PoE I haven't found (in my opinion) enough lore regarding orlans. They are too much in my heart, and I would like to hear something interesting. About clothing, life, in general lore of race beyond a short description. Where can I go with such a request? Can I somehow contact the developers? Or should I resign myself and just make up my own headcanon-lore for them...? 

There are a few bits and pieces here and there if you're really looking, for example in the Pillars of Eternity Guidebook's section on Hylea:
"Artists and poets often keep birds in their homes, hoping that the goddess will whisper to them in their sleep. Among the wild orlans, though, creative inspiration is seen not as a gift but as something to be stolen from the goddess. Their poets and singers organize hunts in the deep forest, seeking the rarest and most colorful birds, which are then slain and eaten. To eat of the goddess’s flesh is the only way to capture her divine creative spark, in their view. Accordingly, the Sky-Mother has no  clergy among the wild orlans, and childbirth is said to be particularly painful and difficult for their kind."

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, Kvellen said:

There are a few bits and pieces here and there if you're really looking, for example in the Pillars of Eternity Guidebook's section on Hylea:
"Artists and poets often keep birds in their homes, hoping that the goddess will whisper to them in their sleep. Among the wild orlans, though, creative inspiration is seen not as a gift but as something to be stolen from the goddess. Their poets and singers organize hunts in the deep forest, seeking the rarest and most colorful birds, which are then slain and eaten. To eat of the goddess’s flesh is the only way to capture her divine creative spark, in their view. Accordingly, the Sky-Mother has no  clergy among the wild orlans, and childbirth is said to be particularly painful and difficult for their kind."

And you can see that in PoE1, with https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Delem and his quest https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Songs_of_The_Wild ;)

• Thanks 1