Creating a status effect that affects and triggers on next spell cast only

Trying to create an ability that once active, will provide a power level bonus to the next cipher spell. The bonus will expire after the spell is cast.

The closest ability that I could find was Lion's Sprint which provides accuracy bonus to the next attack (both weapon and spell).

The problem that I have is that the bonus will trigger even when the next attack is not a spell, is there a way to restrict the trigger to spells only?

image.thumb.png.2418b61d72c272e505caa1e669b290ce.png

iirc I've tried something like this:

Expand TriggerAdjustment, set MaxTriggerCount to 1, RemoveEffectAtMax to true, and ValidateWithAttackFilter to true.

I don't remember which TriggerAdjustment -> TriggerOnEvent value you need, to shut the effect off after the spell cast but still give the bonus for the cast itself.
Either of these I think:

• OnBeforeAttackRollCalculated
  • OnPostAttackRollCalculated
  • OnLaunchesAttack
  • OnActivateAttack

Oh and this solution needs ClearWhenAttacks to false.

Oh and one more thing, It was a while ago I tried this but I remember having trouble with abilities that have no attacks assigned to them (triggered instantly without any cast time whatsoever).
The removal wouldn't trigger since there were no attacks made.

Some Fighter abilities were designed like this, like Vigorous Defense and Unbending. Not sure if any Cipher spells are like that though.

Edited by Noqn

33 minutes ago, Noqn said:

iirc I've tried something like this:

Expand TriggerAdjustment, set MaxTriggerCount to 1, RemoveEffectAtMax to true, and ValidateWithAttackFilter to true.

I don't remember which TriggerAdjustment -> TriggerOnEvent value you need, to shut the effect off after the spell cast but still give the bonus for the cast itself.
Either of these I think:

• OnBeforeAttackRollCalculated
  • OnPostAttackRollCalculated
  • OnLaunchesAttack
  • OnActivateAttack

Oh and this solution needs ClearWhenAttacks to false.

Thanks, I will try them out.

Tried all 4 TriggerOnEvent but now the power level is not being applied.

To add more details, I am adding a one per encounter ability to Wild Mind subclass called "Mind Surge " that when activated, will provide a 10 power level bonus to cipher spells with 100% chance of a Wild Surge.

The 100% Wild Surge is triggering but I need to tweak Wild Mind ability to avoid triggering when Mind Surge is triggered.

Power Level Status Effect:

image.thumb.png.dd390fb5894f70409813017b9a57f312.png

100% Wild Surge Status Effect (copied Wild_Mind_SE_AttackOnEvent and tweaked DurationType->OneHitUse and chanetoapply->100😞

image.thumb.png.8c2990178870caf06b66b18ecc133d64.png

Both status effects are referenced to an ability:

image.thumb.png.7a4f8b482f4b9fc90023254227a52ca4.png

I am fairly certain that OneHitUse only works for WeaponAttackAbilities. In the past I tried to change Shadowing Beyond to use that duration without success.

Edited by Testlum