The thing is, I've played a lot with priest lately, my usual build is usually:

19/3/19/16/18/3 (min/max, bonuses already included for race, background, etc).

But this build is literally hell to climb, the first 5 levels, until you get decent magics, anything will kill you, even a group of xaurips is a problem, the bear in the cave with her 2 children looks like a boss if we take into account the extreme weakness of this build in the first levels.

I was thinking (I'd like to remember it's for POTD on SOLO) of a build in this style:

14/8/10/19/19/8

But I have doubts whether the POD will be too little, and especially, the DEX, it may be too slow, opinions?

Hi, both builds could work in PotD, the min/max is better at high levels imho, if you manage to survive early levels.

Early game you have to do only with stealth (like a wizard), when you'll have more hp (and abilities/talent) you'll can face enemies.
Bear cave is the strong encounter before Defiance Bay, i think worse even than Maerwald, so you can skip it and take only after 5-6 level with appropriate equipment (figurines most above all) :).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Solo Priest is a challenge in the early battles, similar to a solo Wizard but even more difficult - even though the Priest gets a little more deflection. The low level spells of a Priest are not as fitting and impactful for a solo playstyle as some of the Wizard are (thinking about Chillfog, Parasitic Staff etc.).

Solo bear cave with a Priest is suicide at low levels, no matter the build idea or attributes. As @Chaospread said one should avoid battles at that stage and come back later.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's strange, but I'm 100% sure that with the current beta patch, the loot from Raedric's castle has changed. I no longer get the manipulation gloves; I always used to get them by day 4. Now, the 'famous loot table' that's floating around is completely off. I don't like having to intentionally sleep to get the gloves; I simply knew that by day 4 or 5, I'd get these gloves. Then I'd go to the castle when that day was near and arrive (with the journey) just in time to get them, so I didn't have to resort to the sleeping trick, which feels like cheating to me. Now, I don't know which day the gloves appear.

And not only that, I no longer receive the ring and the piglet pet with a new game. Before, I would receive them, but now they don't appear in my inventory. That ring used to be sold in the caravan; the vendor there pays the best in the entire game. I used to leave the initial map with almost 2000 money, but that has also changed.

Edited by davoker
Text edit
  • Gasp! 1

Seriously, I can't find the damn gloves, if anyone knows on what day they come out now please tell me, I have arrived on day 3 at Raedric's castle, and I have looked day after day until day 26 and the gloves don't appear.

The loot has changed with the beta patch, there are items that did not appear before, it has changed a lot, I'm starting to think that the gloves are no longer there, I do not know xD

But the loot table change only with the first day of arrive.

To know if the gloves are still there, you have to arrive in Raedric Castle at day 1 and check, then arrive at day 2 (with another run or better reload one early save) and check, and so on...

2 hours ago, Chaospread said:

But the loot table change only with the first day of arrive.

To know if the gloves are still there, you have to arrive in Raedric Castle at day 1 and check, then arrive at day 2 (with another run or better reload one early save) and check, and so on...

That's what I did, I saw the days go by until day 26 and I didn't see the gloves, maybe I got the gloves after that day? I don't know, but I always got the gloves on day 4 and 5 (two different places in the castle, 2 different days), it's clear that the days have changed, the earliest I can get to the castle is day 3, I don't have time before, I would have to wait a whole month to be there on day one, check and recharge, but from day 3 to 26 I haven't got the gloves, at least in my case.

For me it always work like this:

Be sure to start your adventure Day 1, Hour 21, Day 18 Majprima; There are two options there so restart if you got the wrong day;

This way you can arrive to the Raedric Keep in time and got Gloves of Manipulation in the chest beside bed in SE (2nd Fonprima or 5th Fonprima) or Main Floor chest on desk in SE (4th Fonprima). Works for me everytime without any issues.

So it's something like this: Esternwood (Ring of Overseeing - 1st Fonprima) and onto Raedric's Keep. Went through the sewers using prybar to enter, killed some undead and oozes, freed Giacco, picked Ring of Searing Flames from the prison cell - 2nd Fonprima, picked Ring of Overseeing in the chest on desk in SE room (2nd Fonprima), Gloves of Manipulation in the chest beside bed in SE (2nd Fonprima), rest before 4th Fonprima, Ring of Unshackling from Dungeons south, near ladder (4th Fonprima) and Boots of Stealth on the roof (4th Fonprima).

Edited by Serg BlackStrider

2 hours ago, Serg BlackStrider said:

For me it always work like this:

Be sure to start your adventure Day 1, Hour 21, Day 18 Majprima; There are two options there so restart if you got the wrong day;

This way you can arrive to the Raedric Keep in time and got Gloves of Manipulation in the chest beside bed in SE (2nd Fonprima or 5th Fonprima) or Main Floor chest on desk in SE (4th Fonprima). Works for me everytime without any issues.

So it's something like this: Esternwood (Ring of Overseeing - 1st Fonprima) and onto Raedric's Keep. Went through the sewers using prybar to enter, killed some undead and oozes, freed Giacco, picked Ring of Searing Flames from the prison cell - 2nd Fonprima, picked Ring of Overseeing in the chest on desk in SE room (2nd Fonprima), Gloves of Manipulation in the chest beside bed in SE (2nd Fonprima), rest before 4th Fonprima, Ring of Unshackling from Dungeons south, near ladder (4th Fonprima) and Boots of Stealth on the roof (4th Fonprima).

It seems complicated to enter the sewer and kill all those enemies that are in there, they are not few, at that stage of the game your character has level 2, are you telling me that you get to kill almost 10 enemies in the sewers with level 2? in POTD and solo? plus then the enemies in the cells of Giacco, what class allows you to do something like that with level 2? 😅

PS: Have you actually tried this strategy with the beta patch? because before this patch I always got the gloves on day 4 or 5.

Edited by davoker
Text edit

I didn't said I'm solo and level 2 at the moment. And I always play on PotD/Upscaled All/Expert Mode or even Triple Crown. And with the latest game version: 3.7.0.1318 with White March I & II. Not sure what beta patch are you talking about...

Here are my notes from my latest run (at early stages it's almost the same every time):

Spoiler

Grim Face: Heart Orlan Cipher.

Prologue
- Start Day 1, Hour 21, Day 18 Majprima;
- Starting abilities: 'Whisper of Treason', 'Soul Shock'.
- Out of ruins > Level 2 (Skills: Mechanics>5; Powers: 'Eyestrike'; Talents: Greater Focus).
- Valewood. Sneak to Bandit Camp (+25exp) then beeline to Guilded Vale (Day 2, Hour 22, 19 Majprima). Take the tour around picking tasks ('A Mother's Plea', 'Late for Dinner', 'The Smith's Shipment'), get 'Rymrgand's Mantle' (Day 20) and solve 'Against the Grain'.
- Grim Face > Level 3 (Skills: Mechanics>6, Athletics>1, Lore>3 ; Powers: Mental Binding, Mind Blades).
- Hire Xoti > Level 2 (Skills: Lore>6; Talents: Inspiring Radiance).
- Take a nap at the inn (+464 exp, for Laborer's Resting bonus +1Per/+1Mech) and communicate with dead animancer (Caldara, +934 exp. 1400 exp total).
- Next join with both Eder (Skills: Stealth>1, Athletics>3, Lore>5; Talents: Rapid Recovery; Abilities: Confident Aim) and Aloth (Skills: Athletics>3, Lore>7; Talents: Blast; Spells: Chill Fog, Combusting Wounds, Infuse With Vital Essence).

Back in Valewood to take down Wolves (Mental Binding, Arcane Assault- that's it) for 'Torc of the Falcon's Eyes' (Day 3, Hour 20,  20 Majprima), bandits, Xaurips (enchant The Disappointer Pistol with Accurate) and bears (Ale, Inspiring Radiance, Scroll of Tanglefoot, Chill Fog, Combusting Wounds, Mental Binding adult Bear). Back in Gilded Vale we let Nonton and Ingroed go in peace to build their new life (got Minor Ring of Deflection for Eder), got new recipe from Tenfrith, and Xoti hit level 3 (Skills: Stealth>1, Athletics>2, Lore>7).

Next through Esternwood (found Ring of Overseeing - 1st Fonprima) and onto Raedric's Keep. Went through the sewers using prybar to enter, killed some undead and oozes, freed Giacco, picked Ring of Searing Flames from the prison cell - 2nd Fonprima, donned Berathian Priest Robes and two Int12 checks ("I've only recently taken my vows">"Raedric's new mercenaries..." and "I was heading back to my post">"Well, it's just that..."), allow us to move freely around the Sanctuary, without the necessity to engage in fights. Pick Ring of Overseeing in the chest on desk in SE room (2nd Fonprima), Gloves of Manipulation in chest beside bed in SE (2nd Fonprima), Ring of Unshackling from Dungeons south, near ladder (4th Fonprima) and Boots of Stealth on the roof (4th Fonprima). That's it with Hold for now.

If you are solo and only want the gloves then just don't go to the Sewers - enter through the ramparts and equip Berathian Robe, that's it.

8 minutes ago, Serg BlackStrider said:

I didn't said I'm solo and level 2 at the moment. And I always play on PotD/Upscaled All/Expert Mode or even Triple Crown. And with the latest game version: 3.7.0.1318 with White March I & II. Not sure what beta patch are you talking about...

Here are my notes from my latest run (at early stages it's almost the same every time):

Reveal hidden contents

Grim Face: Heart Orlan Cipher.

Prologue
- Start Day 1, Hour 21, Day 18 Majprima;
- Starting abilities: 'Whisper of Treason', 'Soul Shock'.
- Out of ruins > Level 2 (Skills: Mechanics>5; Powers: 'Eyestrike'; Talents: Greater Focus).
- Valewood. Sneak to Bandit Camp (+25exp) then beeline to Guilded Vale (Day 2, Hour 22, 19 Majprima). Take the tour around picking tasks ('A Mother's Plea', 'Late for Dinner', 'The Smith's Shipment'), get 'Rymrgand's Mantle' (Day 20) and solve 'Against the Grain'.
- Grim Face > Level 3 (Skills: Mechanics>6, Athletics>1, Lore>3 ; Powers: Mental Binding, Mind Blades).
- Hire Xoti > Level 2 (Skills: Lore>6; Talents: Inspiring Radiance).
- Take a nap at the inn (+464 exp, for Laborer's Resting bonus +1Per/+1Mech) and communicate with dead animancer (Caldara, +934 exp. 1400 exp total).
- Next join with both Eder (Skills: Stealth>1, Athletics>3, Lore>5; Talents: Rapid Recovery; Abilities: Confident Aim) and Aloth (Skills: Athletics>3, Lore>7; Talents: Blast; Spells: Chill Fog, Combusting Wounds, Infuse With Vital Essence).

Back in Valewood to take down Wolves (Mental Binding, Arcane Assault- that's it) for 'Torc of the Falcon's Eyes' (Day 3, Hour 20,  20 Majprima), bandits, Xaurips (enchant The Disappointer Pistol with Accurate) and bears (Ale, Inspiring Radiance, Scroll of Tanglefoot, Chill Fog, Combusting Wounds, Mental Binding adult Bear). Back in Gilded Vale we let Nonton and Ingroed go in peace to build their new life (got Minor Ring of Deflection for Eder), got new recipe from Tenfrith, and Xoti hit level 3 (Skills: Stealth>1, Athletics>2, Lore>7).

Next through Esternwood (found Ring of Overseeing - 1st Fonprima) and onto Raedric's Keep. Went through the sewers using prybar to enter, killed some undead and oozes, freed Giacco, picked Ring of Searing Flames from the prison cell - 2nd Fonprima, donned Berathian Priest Robes and two Int12 checks ("I've only recently taken my vows">"Raedric's new mercenaries..." and "I was heading back to my post">"Well, it's just that..."), allow us to move freely around the Sanctuary, without the necessity to engage in fights. Pick Ring of Overseeing in the chest on desk in SE room (2nd Fonprima), Gloves of Manipulation in chest beside bed in SE (2nd Fonprima), Ring of Unshackling from Dungeons south, near ladder (4th Fonprima) and Boots of Stealth on the roof (4th Fonprima). That's it with Hold for now.

If you are solo and only want the gloves then just don't go to the Sewers - enter through the ramparts and equip Berathian Robe, that's it.

The beta patch is a "current" patch, Obsidian has updated the game a few days ago, and the update is still in beta, you can access it from Steam, here is the patch thread:

That patch has updated the Unity engine and fixed some bugs, the engine change has made the loot change due to the change of hashes of the objects (or something like that xD), if you are not playing with the patch, it is normal that your strategy still works, if I play without the patch I still get the gloves on days 4 and 5.

2 hours ago, davoker said:

The beta patch is a "current" patch, Obsidian has updated the game a few days ago, and the update is still in beta, you can access it from Steam.

I see now... I didn’t know that and frankly I didn’t even expect this patch to come along after all these years.

1 hour ago, Serg BlackStrider said:

I see now... I didn’t know that and frankly I didn’t even expect this patch to come along after all these years.

Hehe, nobody expected it, they are getting some feedback, some are reporting "old bugs" (some have been fixed in the latest beta patch update), hopefully they fix the most serious ones, which there are some.

That's why I was telling you that I don't find the gloves anymore where before I did on specific days, the beta patch has changed some things, especially due to the Unity engine update, the loot mechanics are the same but the days don't match anymore, your strategy probably won't work if you put the beta patch in the steam option to use betas 😅

The gloves only come out once in Raedric's castle now, and in a place where they never came out before, for me at least, they only come out on the 19th, the time dropped is between 1 and before the day changes, there is enough slack, the 2x time is not valid, the loot hasn't changed yet and the gloves don't come out yet.

The gloves come out in the hidden stash in the cells, where Giacco is, if anyone is interested, of course I'm talking with the current beta patch, if someone doesn't use it the loot is still the same as always.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chaospread said:

Thank you, so if i wanna the gloves with the patch I need to wait until 19th, but I doesn't understand what day I have to arrive at the castle...

When the in-game clock shows "day 19," that's when you should be at the castle. Calculate the hours it takes you to travel to the castle from another map so that you arrive there on day 19. The time of day is also crucial; it doesn't suffice to arrive on "day 19, hour 2X." It must be "day 19, hour 0X or 1X" (for example, day 19, hour 05, or day 19, hour 11). Day 19, hour 22 won't work; even though it's day 19, the loot hasn't changed yet—it's still using the loot from day 18. I hope I'm explaining myself well.

Important days for items that personally interest me (all in Raedric's Castle):

Day 6, hour 0X or 1X (again, hour 2X won't work; that hour always uses loot from the previous day) —-> Ring of Searing Flames, in the chest at the foot of Raedric's bed.

Day 9, hour 0X or 1X (2 important items) -> Rymrgand's Mantle, in the small chest on the desk, in the room next to Raedric's bedroom.

• Boots of Stability -> Catacombs, in the cell area, in the chest next to the stairs leading up to the ceiling (not to be confused with the hidden loot in the cells; that's different).

Day 11, hour 0X or 1X -> Boots of Stealth, hidden box on the roof, accessed from stairs near Raedric's priest, the one who sends you to save Giacco.

Day 19, hour 0X or 1X -> Gloves of Manipulation, hidden loot in the cells, the cell near where Giacco is.

There's more loot, but none relevant to me; that's just personal opinion. I've noted what interests me the most. You can quickly reach day 19 by simply clearing maps, traveling, taking rests to recover—no need to "cheat" and sleep intentionally. Traveling and engaging in combat still pass the time. I'll leave this here in case it proves useful to someone.

PS: Translated english, sorry xD I hope this is understood 😅

Edited by davoker
Text edit
  • Thanks 1