Do we know how deep Avowed will be from a RPG point of view ?

Ordo!

So, I know that there will be skills trees and no classes but do we know things about :

-The progression system

-Skills ala POE2 with an importance for dialogues and events

-The itemization

I am not disturbed by the size of the game (Kotor2 or TOW) but I would like Avowed to be deeper than TOW, in both narrative and mechanics.

Thanks for the replies !

No. After very combat focused trailer that is what I want to learn more about.

Our role seems rather defined, but that doesn't mean that game can't be reactive or deep (alpha protocol). We know that companions will be integral to the story and not be skippable.

It seems some player agency is to be more limited than I expected, so I am eager to learn what the upside will be. If it will lean more toward immersive sim, I would be happy with it, but at this point we just really don't know. All the trailer showed is that we can kill things in couple different ways.

As far as items go I have found only this quote: "The way we've tried to approach that is erring on the side of fewer but meaningful upgrades."  Which is good - I don't want tedius incrimental DPS increases.

As far as I know those are all sources of info about Avowed we have:

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Having a defined role isn't a problem for me, Tyranny is in my top 5 RPGs, if anything the initial pitch got me more excited because I can see a lot of political stories in this game (with a lot of factions in the trailer).

The itemization is a good news, if it can be closer to POEII it's all good.

I really hope we'll learn more about this game before 2024.

Edit : Thanks for the links !

The connexion of our character with the world seems intriging.

Edited by Ordo!