Druids are potent damage dealers through either their spells or through spiritshift. They can focus on lightning damage with their spells, an implement stell build focusing on Rot Skulls, a spiritshift build focusing on single target damage or a combination of these things. When it comes to dealing damage, what is the best setup for druid?

For single target dmg I would suggest either Boar form (wounding DoT is strong and stacks) or Cat Form (fastest attacks) with Wildstrike Belt (it's a lot better than it seems) and Avenging Storm.
---
When going Boar: the higher the MIG the better because the wounding lash scales with MIG. The higher the MIG the bigger the percentage of the wounding lash of the tusks.

With high MIG you can then also pick Novice's Suffering and wear the Sandals of the Forgotten Friar because both boosts the bonus damage of Novice's Sufferung while nothing else does. That way you get good melee dps and fast hits (important for Avenging Storm) even if you are not shifted, while sparing resources that you would otherwise need for enchanting backup weapons. 

The Boar Form also has passive healing that stacks with Veteran's Recovery. In combination with high MIG you can make the Boar Druid pretty sturdy while shifted which makes it less likely to go down (aka dealing 0 damage ;)). 

--- 

For a melee Cat Form I would maybe prioritize DEX over MIG. Also helps to cast buffs etc. faster. 

---

For a casting setup with Relentless Storm and so on I would probably focus on the Cat form (just because of the faster casting).  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

All @Boeroer has said is correct, I'd pick also wildstrike shock, greate wildstrike shock and also hearth of the storm, if you focused on spiritshift, if you focused on spell casting you don't need wildstrike talents. I'd max both MIG and DEX, if possible both one and the other.

7 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Stag Form + Daily Carnage + Avenging Storm melts everything. Sure it is once per day, but it is really worth mentionning as an ultimate trick. 

I did not know Avenging Storm and Carnage work together. That is very very interesting and sure to be powerful!

5 minutes ago, patronkus said:

I did not know Avenging Storm and Carnage work together. That is very very interesting and sure to be powerful!

And the stag passive bonus to all defense isn't wasted anyway. Still a powerful form the rest of the day even if less focus on DPS.