Pop-up/description when mouse over/click on ability during full screen conversation

I recently made a mod to help with dialogue choices for the Watcher exclusive abilities: Easy Watcher Ability Choices. But I think it can be improved. You know how you can mouse over words, or when clicking on an item in conversation and you get the description? I was wondering if it is possible to link the six "... the Lost" abilities in the conversation with Eothas. My mod currently have a short text description, but ideally I want: 1. mouse over ability text in conversation: short description. 2. Clicking on ability in text: pop-up with ability description. I won't bother if it's too complicated, but since this functionality already exist for any ability normally I was wondering of the possibility.

• Like 2

This sounds like what you are asking about:

On 5/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, Xaratas said:

Links of various kind

• <g>Link to a Cyclopedia entry</g> Most of the time the game finds out when to set a link if the word is the same, but for non English languages that's not that easy. So for example in German to add a link to Zersetzung – the name of the Cyclopedia entry – in the word „Zersetzungsschaden“ (corrode damage) one would write <g>Zersetzung</g>sschaden. The text will be displayed in teal.
  • <xg> Anti Link. Prevents an automatic link to a normally linked word.
  • <link="gamedata://b863a8c3-ed3b-4787-8b3f-2bdea96c47a1">Machtschwung</link> Link to Items or Ability popups. Good for showing a quest reward
    • Spoiler

OFnA0K2.jpg

• <link=https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/126–pillars–of–eternity–ii–deadfire–backer–beta/>forums.obsidian.net</link>or link to the web
  • <link="glossary://GlossaryEntry_Skaen">Der Stille Sklave</link> Link to named entries of the glossary. Words which have an entry in the Cyclopdia are linked automatically.
    • Spoiler

P7VVdxB.jpg

• <link="stringtooltip://cyclopedia/56">strudelt gefährlich</link> Make Tooltips with texts from this file. For the Example it's ID 56 from cyclopedia.stringtable. You could use any file of the game folder.
    • Spoiler

azIXQtQ.jpg

• Like 1

Love this idea, I got it to work like this:

"I can't follow Eothas around if you're going to keep dragging my soul into the Beyond whenever the whim takes you." [<link="gamedata://cbfa7a85-cc0f-436d-8d8a-4b61332e5a15">MIG</link>]

BZBsS6J.png

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I probably should've read the string tutorial a bit more closely :). I've added links to the earlier parts, but the only problem I can see is that it's impossible to accurately represent the upgrade matrix. Unless you know the current version of Death's Herald and somehow have the text link reflect that it may be more confusing to show an ability which you would not receive. Because of that, I'm currently testing for the second and third choices to just link to the glossary. But I have another problem: how do you reference a glossary entry with spaces? I've tried "GlossaryEntry_Might_Inspirations", "GlossaryEntry_MightInspirations", "GlossaryEntry_Might Inspirations" with no luck...

Ok, so I figured it out. I found a reference to a glossary entry ID for might in nature godlike description and brute forced searched all files. The entries are in gui.gamedatabundles, GlossaryEntryGameData. The debug is "GlossaryEntry_Inspirations_Might" *facepalm*. The mod has been updated to 1.1 with all the changes.

Edited by RilleL