Steam multiplayer network performance.

So me and a friend have been having consistent high pings for the non host player. We both have the steam version of the game. We both live in the same city just a few minutes from each other with the same ISP. As I understand the game uses P2P so this should be a near perfect case for it. Any idea's on what to do to help this? Its nearly unplayable in multiplayer when you have to block and jump over a second early to time things right... 

Yeah high ping and general network issues are really bad in this game. If you try and play with more than 2 players you get constant disconnecting, and eventually are unable to rejoin until the host reboots. Unfortunately its been this way since the early beta and through the early access. They have had several patches that listed they had fixes specifically for multiplayer issues.  But none of them have ever fixed the issue.  It has not really made any difference whatsoever. 

-Hello Skurblord

I apologize for the P2P connection issues you've been experiencing while trying to play Grounded with your friend. Please feel free to submit a support ticket, so we can investigate this issue. Once we hear from you, we'll work with you one on one to investigate these issue. 

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Obsidian Support

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. Its PC Steam with just 2 players total both on steam. Medium difficulty. The Ping fluctuates between unplayable to mediocre. As I said before me and the other player are in the same city. Less than 5 minutes from each other. We share the same ISP with more than enough speed. Doesn't matter which of us hosts. The non-hosting player gets a really bad connection. We don't have issues with getting kicked. Just ping issues.