How Does Infestation Of Maggots Work and Is It Good?

12 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:
1 hour ago, patronkus said:

Your wizard has to be basically in Melee with your foe to get the effect to go off and by that point your wizard could easily be dead.

Well, are you suggesting Wizards are fragile 🙂 ?????

Maybe @patronkusdont know about Temporal Cocoon 😮

About GM, the thing is there is 2 pulse effects : the first is Freeze/Crush and the second is Fire/Shock. 

Like for Storm Rune (thundercrack Pistol pulse ability), the first (freeze/crush) pulse per3s for 6s, with one attack per target in the AoE. This attack proc (or : is completed, I dont really know) the second attack (Fire/Shock), also pulse for 6s, but with 6 attacks at random per 3s.

My guess is every proc from the first pulse could proc the second pulse?

Storm of Holy Fire, Meteor Shower etc proc only a pulse like the second one : only the duration and the number of random hit per pulse change (Meteor Shower trigger a burn DoT on hit on top, and have 16 hit at random per pulse).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Maybe @patronkusdont know about Temporal Cocoon 😮

About GM, the thing is there is 2 pulse effects : the first is Freeze/Crush and the second is Fire/Shock. 

Like for Storm Rune (thundercrack Pistol pulse ability), the first (freeze/crush) pulse per3s for 6s, with one attack per target in the AoE. This attack proc (or : is completed, I dont really know) the second attack (Fire/Shock), also pulse for 6s, but with 6 attacks at random per 3s.

My guess is every proc from the first pulse could proc the second pulse?

Storm of Holy Fire, Meteor Shower etc proc only a pulse like the second one : only the duration and the number of random hit per pulse change (Meteor Shower trigger a burn DoT on hit on top, and have 16 hit at random per pulse).

I will check with the actual files (for example if the 6 secondary attacks per pulse have an AoE Themselves), but it's still a first layer of clarification.

I expect to see an "additional attack" within the first pulse attack attribute. That should simply cause a kind of double pulsating effect but there shouldn't be any link between the 2 (like it is the case for the buggy Screaming Soul).

Also I must check how bonus PL for KW and Elemental PEN Talent applies to the whole package.

Ring of Focused Flame only applies to Shock/Burn attack, which also has apparently a 9 base PEN (from an old thread necro).

An option could be to reduce the overall PEN, or the damages of the random part.

Edited by Elric Galad

15 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

I expect to see an "additional attack" within the first pulse attack attribute.

This is why I wrote :

47 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

This attack proc (or : is completed, I dont really know) the second attack (Fire/Shock), also pulse

I dont think modding the ability is a solution, I mean modding Screaming Soul for making the spell to work as intended by the description is good, but for alterate the effect is an other thing. About GM, as a "skip combat" button or "last hope" spell, the spell work. Like @patronkussaid before

"I don't think Maelstrom needs changes, it's a bit overtuned but I think the druid kit is designed with it in mind power budget wise. I wouldn't change it and leave people like myself who aren't the biggest fans of it to decide for themselves whether they'd like to use it or not. I'll compare it to BDD, a spell that is pretty broken but I wouldn't change it, instead I'll just limit my usage of it and only use it in absolutely necassary dire scenarios. "

19 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

This is why I wrote :

I dont think modding the ability is a solution, I mean modding Screaming Soul for making the spell to work as intended by the description is good, but for alterate the effect is an other thing. About GM, as a "skip combat" button or "last hope" spell, the spell work. Like @patronkussaid before

"I don't think Maelstrom needs changes, it's a bit overtuned but I think the druid kit is designed with it in mind power budget wise. I wouldn't change it and leave people like myself who aren't the biggest fans of it to decide for themselves whether they'd like to use it or not. I'll compare it to BDD, a spell that is pretty broken but I wouldn't change it, instead I'll just limit my usage of it and only use it in absolutely necassary dire scenarios. "

Well, I already modded BDD anyway 🙂 

The point of modding it would be to be able to use Maelstorm quite often without winning intsantly (while still doing a fair amount of damages)

Not being able to use your signature SC Druid damages spell because it is so strong that it makes the game uninteresting is quite sad.

It's weird to say, but the point of a nerf is to make an ability usable (and enjoyable).

Anyway, I do like to understand exactly how things work, independantly from the fact they require modding or not.

Now I am at this step.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Good point. Forbidding Maeltstorm from out of combat might be a way. The range is average but enough.

Personally, I think most offensive spells, at least AoE spells, should be forbidden from out of combat. It is very weird to have a druid or priest be better at assassinating enemies than a literal SC Assassin and would help tone down the broken-ness of SC casters at high levels. They would still be plenty powerful, but the player would not be able to annihilate entire fights by casting Wall of Many Colors + Call of Rymrgand + Great Maelstrom from stealth all at the same time or something.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:04 AM, NotDumbEnough said:

It is very weird to have a druid or priest be better at assassinating enemies than a literal SC Assassin and would help tone down the broken-ness of SC casters at high levels.

tbf an MC assassin+druid/priest would be hot ****. it's just kinda weird that an SC assassin is pretty underpowered in terms of its theme. (perhaps if one could re-stealth in combat, like in the old IE games)