Not necessarily planning to create these builds since I'm already playing with a Berserker/Streetfighter, but I sometimes have fun thinking about which classes have synergy and seem cool to me!

• Mage Slayer / Nalpazca - Liked the idea of increased stride and gunning for the spellcasters. Focus on Deadeye and Potion of Impediment to increase chance to Interrupt since the Nalpazca's passive increases the PL of drugs and the high alchemy you will naturally take will affect the duration of potions too
  • Berserker / Forbidden Fist - Berserker's Frenzy's confusion will naturally give you wounds thanks to the Forbidden Fist passive and the thought of someone losing their mind to primal rage would unleash forbidden techniques uninhibited
  • Berserker / Skald - High crit chance means more phrases! Also I imagine that this is similar to a Maori chanting the Haka but during a fight which I can visualize as being quite intimidating with those crazy faces! Also, Baba Voss from See 😁
  • Tactician / Beguiler - Focus on using Arbalest's Overbearing Shot to interrupt and gain Discipline, and mainly using Phantom Foes to trigger Brilliant Tactician, all the while being far away thanks to the Beguiler's range for Deception skills and the Arbalest as well
  • Devoted / Sharpshooter - Basically Legolas 😆 But more importantly, uses a War Bow for super high penetration and slash/pierce attacks and if really needed, take Monastic Training to have some blunt attacks too
  • Devoted / Shattered Pillar - Anji from Rurouni Kenshin with his Futae no Kiwami technique! The idea of shattering immediately reminded me of him 😄 And since Unarmed proficiency is available by default, I can choose a sword for slash/pierce attacks
  • Unbroken / Goldpact / Stalker - Super tanker. Any of these classes can combo together to get that high armor rating but I think a Goldpact/Stalker would make more sense since your aura benefits your animal companion too
  • Unbroken / Shieldbearer - This is SO Brad Pitt in Troy! Focuses on disengagement attacks. Equip a shield and a spear with Engaging Thrust enabled and you get +3 engagement and uses Into The Fray to get those cowards back to fighting me!
  • Steel Garrote / Priest of Woedica aka Darth Maul - Since the summoned weapons are fists, makes sense to go dual wielding and hence Darth Maul! This is for the evil route 😈

I also love the Shifter class but I can't really find a class that suits it. Would love to hear your ideas!

Edited by Dogma18

9 minutes ago, Dogma18 said:

I also love the Shifter class but I can't really find a class that suits it. Would love to hear your ideas!

Helwalker/Shifter with max MIG and INT and a healing pet puts out enormous raw damage over time with the Boar form. For a Shifter the raw wouding DoT of the Boar form has  base duration that is as long as the whole spiritshift duration (most likely an oversight). Prolong it with Turning Wheel and you can hit several enemies after another while shifted and they will suffer very long lasting raw damage over time. Also works with a Forbidden Fist who has the advantage of an alternative dmg attacks while shifted (crush) which also enfeebles which prolongs the Boar's DoT by 50% on top of the INT from Turning Wheel. Iirc Forbidden Fist attack also profits from Wildstrike lashes. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Shifter/Monk is great, yes. Shifter/Barbarian feels really good, too. Shifters get good armour without a recovery penalty, making full use of the Barbarian's focus on armour and HP and their bonuses to action speed. The sizable base damage and lash of spiritshift weapons+wildstrike makes good use of Barbarian damage bonuses too. Plus Barbarian on-kill abilities work with spell kills. Blood Frenzy/Spirit Frenzy work on spell crits/hits. (Spirit Tornado seems to be bugged in base game because it doesn't stagger on spell hits een though Spirit Frenzy does. Can be fixed with the Community Patch mod.)

• Like 1

Another nice combo is Goldpact Knight/Shifter. In Bear form you can have tremendous armor without any recovery penalty (good at the start of the fight in order to withstand initial heat), you'll have healing while shifted, Eternal Devotion stacks with Wildstrike and even the Ring of Focused Flame (as all items except armor and weapon) works in shifted form, too - so accuracy with FoD while shifted is nice as well. If you pick a Bleak Walker and take Scion of Flame (Paladin or Druid tree) and Spirit of Decay (Druid tree) your FoD attacks will get additional +2 PEN, which is pretty cool. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dogma18 said:

Those suggestions sound really awesome! Are all spiritforms dual wielding?

Yes, all of them. A rogue subclass such a Streetfigther and Trickster would also be working well, yes. Streetfigther in Cat form with Cat's Flurry while flanked is incredibly fast. If you employ a pet that heals on kill (for example Cajun) you will also be a bit more sturdy. Would also suggest to cast some healing over time before letting yourself get flanked. 

Trickster provides a nice deflection bonus that stacks with Moonwell's defense bonuses which makes this combo quite tanky (for a druid/rogue combo that's not focused on tanking). You can cast it first and then switch and go into melee. 

Barbarian/Shifter can also be nice. You cast some raw damage over time spells (like Plague of Insects and Infestation of Maggots) and then shift on go into melee. Once you have Blood Thirst your kills from the raw DoT spells will also trigger the 0-recovery effect while you are hitting enemies in melee. If you take a Berserker and become confused from Frenzy you can also apply those spells to a bunch of weak party summons (for example the 6 skeletons of a Beckoner) who will quickly die from the ticks, triggering Blood Thirst as well and also triggering healing on kill from a pet like Cajun. 

The community patch version of the Stag form has a passive "baby" Carnage effect (25% weapon base dmg on an AoE) that stacks with Barbarian Carnage. That is fun to play, too. 

Edited by Boeroer