npc dialogue

make it structured more like planescape & less like the bioware model.

ie. the npc 'quests' in recent bioware games have seemed very artificial to me.

The quest starts with some dialogue option and then periodically every x minutes of gametime you get to clickclickclick through the next segment of played out story. also apart from the quests the amount of interaction you could have with your npcs was fairly minor.

Id prefer if npc interaction was more triggered off in game events and happenings. As in new available dialogue options with your npcs open up after you do a quest a certain way or you get to a certain place in the plot. and if there are special npc quests somehow make them not so blatantly obvious that its a listen to an npcs lifestory to get the phat reward situation. i dunno maybe just more subtle somehow.

I like the idea that you get different options after completing quests and points in the plot. But I think I also like the idea that the npc's quests are at random. It means that if you want that person's question you have to use that person and diversify your experience. As supposed to going through the whole game with three jedi and then complaining about it being too easy.

-Samori

I agree with you. More and varied npc interaction should be implemented in the game. I would prefer a combination of Torment, NWN and more importantly Baldur's Gate II. Having quest specific dialogue is all ok and good, but they are people (well most of them anyway). They need to be more emotional and vocal. One of the main reasons for the high replayability of BGII is the interaction with NPCs and the occasional romances between them. That would certainly improve a great deal an already very good game.

I like the idea that you get different options after completing quests and points in the plot. But I think I also like the idea that the npc's quests are at random. It means that if you want that person's question you have to use that person and diversify your experience. As supposed to going through the whole game with three jedi and then complaining about it being too easy.

-Samori

i kind of prefer to stick with a small party rather than chop & change all the time. that way i feel less like im just using them and then discarding them. it feels more like a 'party'/'group' rather than me + a bunch of hired hacks who i switch between on a whim or to get experience/items from their quests. for this reason i hope we dont have a special ship that stores all npcs allowing you instaswap. it damages immersion for me.