Hi Folks,

A SC Wizard using the permanent spell steal trick from Major Grimoire Imprint can permasteal Finishing Blow from a Priest of Skaen, and permanently have Champion's Boon, Minor Avatar, Citzal Martial Power and Zandethu Draconic Fury available as well.

Now cast all those spells with Citzal Enchanted Armory, and you can indefinitely spam Finishing Blow with Tenacious, a ton of bonus Accuracy, bonus melee damage, a huge damage lash, and a Mythic 2-hander in each hand and a zero recovery Mythic armor (with BPM). Fun and visually beautiful!

Edèr: You know Aloth, I think you're a talented caster and all, but you are really s**tty at close-quarter combat.
Aloth: Hold my beer, blondie.

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

On 1/1/2022 at 12:10 AM, dgray62 said:

I also like to steal Taste of the Hunt, for the nice heal and raw DoT effect.

I had overlooked it but you're absolutely right, permanent Taste of the Hunt is outstanding, especially with Spirit Lance on a tight group of enemies!

One other thing that I had overlooked: Concelhaut Crushing Doom is tagged as Illusion and Concelhaut Spell. So with the Whitewitch mask, the Eye of Wael (Hundred Visions) and the Concelhaut pet, you can add +4 PL to it. On a SC Wizard with Prestige and a +1 PL food, you can easily cast it at PL15 or PL20 with Empower, or PL22 if you're an Illusionist. (but why be an Illusionist Concelhaut lover?).

Why is it so cool to stack insane amounts of PL on it?

Because Concelhaut's Crushing Doom benefits exponentially from PL: each PL above PL7 increases the duration of the overall spell and the accuracy, penetration and damage of each hammer strike. But of course duration also increases the number of strikes, and each strike adds a stackable huge accuracy and damage boost for subsequent strikes!

You can see where this is going, even more so if you Empower it with BPM Empower passives! Now this one Empowered spell cast becomes completely insane, and you can still follow up with another one as SC Wizard. I thought it was already great before but now I see its potential as the one and only "fire and forget" boss killer.

• Like 1

Interesting quirk: it seems that when you steal Spiritual Weapons from a priest with Minor/Major Grimoire Imprint, the disposition system still works. So with the right reputations, you can create a Martial/Wizard MC that has access to any spiritual weapons with its full 31% lash. This is especially good with BPM because most spiritual weapons get a +10ACC bonus.

It can be fun with Berath's great sword (corrode lash), Woedica's hands (raw lash but no +ACC bonus) but especially if you steal Vatnir's double axes... Those bad boys with a 31% Freeze lash, +10 ACC, Bleeding Cuts activated in the hands of a Sage or Spellblade with Zandethu's Draconic Fury, Citzal's Martial Power and Full Attacks... 🤯

Firebrand is fun to steal too.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

Can you really get the 31% lash with Vatnir's weapons? I ask because as an Obsidian made companion I thought that the disposition system doesn't work for him, and that he always stays with the flat 20% lash. If so, what are his favored and unfavored dispositions?

• Like 1

@dgray62 Rymrgand is:

• Favored - Honest and Rational
  • Disfavored - Benevolent and Diplomatic

However as you expertly point out:

Obsidian-created NPCs have no favored or disfavored reputations; this means they can fit into any party, but will never get positive scaling (Xoti, Vatnir, and Pallegina fit into this category).

from @thelee compendium of goodness.

My testing on whether the lashes change with Watcher disposition wasn't with the Axes specifically (I compared several other weapons but the lash's own PEN calculations interfere except for Woedica's which is Raw and "clean" to use for testing). I **think** the axes would behave in the same way as other spiritual weapons if the Watcher uses them with his dispositions, because they have the exact same description as other Spiritual Weapons and are Faith Attuned. Just like any other Spiritual Weapon. So the thing about NPCs Obsidian-made not affected by disposition wouldn't be about different weapon properties, but about the characters.

But I'd need to do more testing to prove it...

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1