When paralyzed or stunned, it is intuitive to think you are able to do nothing, you are just an easy target at the mercy of ennemies. But it is not totally true.

In reality, you can manually switch weapons and shields, that mean with the Outworn Buckler equipped in one of the weapons slot, when the game is paused, you can turn off the hostile effect. You can also heal yourself with Lethandria's Devotion or Engoliero do Espirs, but manually.

You are also able to proc Riposte or others automatics effects. That is efficient for exemple with an SC barbarian with his on-crit-riposte, under the protection of Beetle Shell.

This trick doesnt work when terrified or charmed/dominated since you loose the control of the character.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

You are also able to proc Riposte or others automatics effects. That is efficient for exemple with an SC barbarian with his on-crit-riposte, under the protection of Beetle Shell.

this is a particularly neat trick, good find!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

(I just discover that in repetitly-clicking on the weapon icon in the bar, that switch without selecting a weapon set, exactely like clicking on strand of favor and another necklace do)

Hey, just in case - you can also just press the W key which by default switches weapon sets. Much faster than clicking IMO.

I'm guessing you know, but since we all keep discovering things that are obvious to others even now, especially myself.... :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I'm guessing you know, but since we all keep discovering things that are obvious to others even now, especially myself.... :)

Indeed. I just recently learned that you need to press on the demon head in the opening screen to access the Magran's Fires screen.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Indeed. I just recently learned that you need to press on the demon head in the opening screen to access the Magran's Fires screen.

tbf this is like the worst UI decision i've ever seen. who on earth would intuitively think of that demon head as a button?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had no idea, until I searched to find out how to access Magran's Fires. Until then I thought it was purely decorative. Also, I assumed initially that you would access this menu from the New Game menu, where you make all of the other decisions regarding a new game.

Edited by dgray62
Misspelling