You've probably seen in older topics that Whirling Strike is fairly amazing while equiping a ranged weapon in main-hand (like a mortar) and a melee one in off-hand. Most of the other Full-Attack do normally a simple attack according to the target range, using either ranged or melee weapon.

Actually, Mob Stance' Full attack is regardless of the weapon range while equiping ranged weapon in first slot and melee one in second, like Whirling Strike. But the star of this kind of Full-Attack is SC barbarian : Heart of Fury is basically a barbarian version of Whirling Stike, and the Barbaric Reliatation and Vangeful defeat trigger both some full-attack using melee and ranged weapons (but only if the ranged one is in main).

The monk Whisper of the Wind use also both ranged and melee weapons : Full attack Abilities with the mention Range : melee or 1,5m around the caster work like this. 

I personally prefer than the mortar the Weyc' Wand, the seal have "just" 50% chance to proc on crit, but with good perception.. There is no weapon that synergise better with Combusting Wounds and Avenging Storm IMO.

I tried first with a SC Furyshaper dwarf with high con-, high per-, low dex-, 46 deflections and high AR. I nammed him The Susceptible Peaceful Dwarf because he killed everyone with the Weyc Wand and the Aldris Blade without did an attack to anyone.

And I finally looked for the SC monk : Whispers of the wind leave a trail of seals, in one use all the ennemies get 10-20 stacks of Resonant touch, increasing each second. The weyc wand was dualwielded with Sun and Moon (2 chances to produce another Wand attack (because Main hand) with swift flurry and heartbeat drumming, so another potential seal).  Because ennemies health, I couldnt use Resonant touch while Avenging storm turned on.. I havent enough imagination to choose a name for this one. Maybe just Wind.

Edit : I just retry with just Swift Flurry (and Heartbeat Drumming) attacks in melee with sun and moon on Offhand, and when that proc another attack, this is from the Weyc Wand in main hand. That mean even on multiclassed monk, that is working.

Little note : about Gambit, there is no limit range so the weapon used is depending of the ennemy distance, but the seal or other Grave Calling-like weapon procs will refound guiles when crit.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 3

I think Hand Mortar is still the better pick for Whispers of the Wind/Resonant Touch because Blinding Smoke (every crit of the shot, including AoE hits, proc a cone attack that disorients) also triggers Resonant Touch as well as Avenging Storm despite not dealing any damage itself (this was nerfed in Community Patch). If you attack like 5 enemies with Whispers of the Wind with high ACC you usually generate so many Resonant Touches that most enemies die after the first WotW+Resonant Touch. 

This also works with Whirling Strikes and Heart of Fury, but obviuosly they come without Resonant Touch. :) 
Also refund for Gambit etc.

But yes, the Weyc's Wand is very good because of the awesome Seal. If it wouldn't come so late it would be one of my preferred weapons, too. 

Barb's Heart of Fury works with two ranged weapons, Barbaric Retaliation, too. In that it's a bit different from Whirling Strikes.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I think Hand Mortar is still the better pick for Whispers of the Wind/Resonant Touch because Blinding Smoke (every crit of the shot, including AoE hits, proc a cone attack that disorients) also triggers Resonant Touch as well as Avenging Storm despite not dealing any damage itself (this was nerfed in Community Patch). If you attack like 5 enemies with Whispers of the Wind with high ACC you usually generate so many Resonant Touches that most enemies die after the first WotW+Resonant Touch

In other purpose, equiping Scordeo's Trophy in first hand give an "immediat" great bonus to recovery time with Whispers of the wind :)

Edit : I see you already posted something about that

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1