Dear Obsidian. I am ambivalent towards your game...

I love open world games, and love how much there is to explore in TOW. I also enjoy challenging games that force me to think. And I adore survival elements, from a roleplay perspective. So I should love supernova as well, right? Well...

1) A roleplay mechanic like eat/drink/sleep needs, locked behind difficulty? Because only skilled gamers like immersion? Or those with lots of time on their hands?

2) Speaking of time. Limiting saves can be an interesting way to force the player to think about their actions, and to encourage learning from mistakes. However that only pertains to things IN the players control. Companions, bugs, save file issues to name a few.

3) Companion perma-death. I agree this is hardcore. I hate it personally. In SN there are about TWO options to keep them alive. Leave them on the ship, or invest everything into companions (skill points, perks, gear/tinker money). But it's an rpg, how about all the other build ideas? It feels strange to have these carefully written characters become a source of stress and discomfort.

Obsidian, there's a very easy solution for this. A modder, by name of Expired6978 has created the following mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/theouterworlds/mods/8

Every single gripe could be solved by inplementing a cutom difficulty setting.

Please, by all that is good, please! Release this amazing, or rather, necessary feature for all systems.