Armor and Weapons Deterioration in Chest

PC/Single player/Mild:

Just noticed that the new Black Ant Armor and One-handed Sword I just made a few days ago (which has never been wore nor even seen their first battle) are now damaged and loosing health at an alarming rate while nestled safely in a chest at my base. By the time I decide to use them, they will be useless. Hope this is just a glitch and will soon be corrected. Same with the Ladybug armor, gas mask....etc. I'll have to stop playing until this is corrected. Thanks

• Like 1

I'm not sure how fast the decay is. Armor & a few weapons that I had stored before the update seemed to be degraded quite a bit on start-up -- but newer items I've made aren't losing stats that quickly. Tried to find a chart or more info on this, without much luck.

It was a little discouraging when I first saw what had happened. I tend to be both proactive and a little bit of a hoarder (in Real Life too) so I have many, many chests full "just in case", may change my strategy a bit now.

Hang in there  -- they've already fixed some things that were messed up (like the missing thistles and the non-despawning grass piles). It's clear that the Grounded team takes community input & concerns seriously & I definitely appreciate that!

• Like 2

Thanks, friends. I was a bit worried about this. Put a lot of time and effort into the game since the update. Don't want to loose all my progress because of this new glitch. Having a lot of fun, but still......(sigh). Take care everyone. I'm sure Obsidian has their hands full right now. But they always come through. :) 

• Like 1

It seems to happen every time a game is loaded.

I tried to put weapons and armor in a chest, save, quit and load back. They all lost 50% durability. Sometime, loading back gives back this items full health...
Since high level armors and weapon take so much effort (especially in max difficulty) to craft and repair, i'd say it's a major issue and should be corrected in the next patch...
(this bug is in the game since a few months now...)

• Like 2

This also happens with the Xbox and it's driving me bananas. 

Like I'll make my friends stuff so when they come back to play they'll have things waiting.

But they come on and it's like..'why is this armour used??'

And then it's a full blown Huff fest to find what is needed to repair JUST MADE ARMOUR