Hi everyone

Sarex

20 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Doesn't the G in GPD stand for gaming?

Games Per Day per capita seems games related.

Games Per Day is misleading, because some games are played for 30 minutes a day while some are played all day. So Gaming Hours Per Minute (Gaming Power Parity) should be used instead.

I this essay I will...

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Some people are really struggling with video game addiction... so GDP could become a real issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58979895

Cam Adair finally realised that his addiction to video games was out of control when it made him consider ending his life.

"I struggled with it for 10 years," he says. "I dropped out of high school, never went to college, and pretended to have jobs to deceive my family.

"I eventually wrote a suicide note, and it was on that night that I realised I needed to get help. I'm now 3,860-day-free from my gaming addiction."

"The pandemic led to me spending more time than usual watching Twitch [a live streaming service that focuses on people playing computer games], and YouTube," says Mr Adair.

"Much of that [YouTube] content was game streamers and games too, both of which can be strong triggers to relapse and play. Thankfully I was able to stay away from a relapse, but I know many people in the Game Quitters community who did unfortunately relapse during Covid."

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I had a friend with a video game addiction. He'd play for two days straight without sleep, ignoring everything else. Failed uni, couldn't hold a job, eventually ended up with heroine. Shrink says as an addict he's prone to addiction in general, not just drugs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).