Anime - Kono Dio Da!

Amentep

2 minutes ago, majestic said:

His actual name is Ruka, I think. -ko is just a suffix here, meaning girl. 

That is why Mamoru calls Usagi “Usako” and the Japanese word for girl with glasses is meganekko (megane = glasses). Not to be confused with neko which is what Faris pretends to be. Nyan...

Did you just call Faris?

Yes, you did.

faris0.gif

sign.jpg

4 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Did you just call Faris?

Yes, you did.

faris0.gif

Tell me one thing, is Faris a part of the nefarious organization that is after Okarin? 

Or is that going to be Mayuri? That would suck. :( 

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

Tell me one thing, is Faris a part of the nefarious organization that is after Okarin? 

Or is that going to be Mayuri? That would suck. :( 

No to both.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

7 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

No to both.

Are you spreading misinformation on behalf of them? Heh. I won’t be able to get much viewing done this weekend so whatever the surprise is for episode 12 it will have to wait.

I will leave a prediction after 11 though. :yes: 

• Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, majestic said:

Are you spreading misinformation on behalf of them?

You'll have to wait and see. Tuturu.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

19 minutes ago, majestic said:

whatever the surprise is for episode 12 it will have to wait.

Unless you get too curious and watch episode 12 right after 11.

nya.gif

Don't worry, that is the last Faris gif I was waiting to post. I think.

I do have a funny meme, but if I post now Majestic will think it is what happens in the story*, so I'll wait until he finishes it.

*And it is not even inspired by the anime.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

Managed to get some episodes in. E10:

Spoiler

Episode 10 hinted at Daru being Suzuha’s father (who probably still is John Titor). Please don’t let Mayuri be her mother. Dear god. At least Okarin begins to behave like a human being. Except for that one time he did a Trump to check if Ruka really changed into a girl. That was... yeah, ugh. No idea how to spoiler posts on my phone, but nobody else is watching anyway... or rather is already finished watching one way or the other...

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Half of episode 11 talk:

Spoiler

Well if Christina is right in 11 then Daru cannot be the father and Suzuha is a memory copy but that would not explain her going away or being so muscular.Looks like Okarin has a decent reason for being a nutjob though, if that works he probably has a few too many memories in his head. Not sure when I’ll be able to finish 11... let alone get to 12... :)

edit:

Okay while Mayuri isn’t all there her saying it would be sad for her to forget her talks to Okarin in third person is... an ill omen I would say. :( 

Also... now everything makes sense, Steins;Gate was written by the same guy that made Love Live!. Eh... 

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 2

5 hours ago, majestic said:

Please don’t let Mayuri be her mother. 

She isn't.

No idea how to spoiler posts on my phone, but nobody else is watching anyway... or rather is already finished watching one way or the other...

Do spoiler in brackets at the beginning and then /spoiler in brackets at the end. It will **** up the post if you put stuff past the spoiler, because this site sucks on mobile.

Also... now everything makes sense, Steins;Gate was written by the same guy that made Love Live!. Eh... 

I did not know that.

16 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Do spoiler in brackets at the beginning and then /spoiler in brackets at the end. It will **** up the post if you put stuff past the spoiler, because this site sucks on mobile.

I stopped using tags myself because the software is so uncooprative. I'd love to be able to do proper post quotes again, because copy/pasting a link to the old post in a locked thread isn't the same. Alas, this forum software has usability that would make the developers of Frontpage 98 blush in shame, and that takes some doing.

16 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

I did not know that.

I just noticed today after trying to look up something about Mayuri. Main writing (or rather, series composition) credits for Love Live! and two of its spin-offs, Steins;Gate, Steins;Gate 0 and Bloom Into You, among other things. Also a scriptwriter on K-On! who consistently made the less appealing episodes. Except for the one with the Romeo and Juliet play and the wonderful final episode of the first season (not the last episode of the season, there was a bonus episode and an OVA afterwards).

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 1

10 hours ago, majestic said:

Managed to get some episodes in. E10:

Hide contents

Episode 10 hinted at Daru being Suzuha’s father (who probably still is John Titor). Please don’t let Mayuri be her mother. Dear god. At least Okarin begins to behave like a human being. Except for that one time he did a Trump to check if Ruka really changed into a girl. That was... yeah, ugh. No idea how to spoiler posts on my phone, but nobody else is watching anyway... or rather is already finished watching one way or the other...

And that is the worse moment I mentioned. Not only is it a horrible thing to do to anyone (regardless of gender, gender identity or whatever), but there is also no reason to do it. What did he expect? To touch it and prove to everyone what he was saying? And despite Kurisu punishing him for it, everyone just forgot about the whole thing pretty easily. Including Ruka.

Maybe it is one of those things nobody wants to talk about anymore, but even then, you don't simply act as if nothing happened and have a normal relationship with the guy again. Even if he is your best friend.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

45 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

And that is the worse moment I mentioned. Not only is it a horrible thing to do to anyone (regardless of gender, gender identity or whatever), but there is also no reason to do it. What did he expect? To touch it and prove to everyone what he was saying? And despite Kurisu punishing him for it, everyone just forgot about the whole thing pretty easily. Including Ruka.

Maybe it is one of those things nobody wants to talk about anymore, but even then, you don't simply act as if nothing happened and have a normal relationship with the guy again. Even if he is your best friend.

Yeah, he also walks in on Mayuri and Kurisu taking a shower (albeit out of concern for their safety, but seriously, try asking before walking in what's clearly audible as a running shower?), and while he gets yelled at and Mayuri tells him that she's disappointed and embarrassed seemingly nothing comes of it.

That entire scene, they send him shopping so they can shower without being afraid of being spied on, hey girls, how about you re-think your relationship with Okarin? The hell... never mind Daru having a key and being able to show up willy nilly anyway, and he's the self-styled Lord of Perverts...

So, I'm done with 11 and have to admit that I don't really have any idea what the big reveal or twist that's coming up in 12. Which means it was either really well hidden or never properly set up. With the way the show is going I'm not going to give it the benefit of the doubt and it's probably the latter.

However, there are some random things that could or could not be:

Spoiler
  • Daru could be Suzuha's father. She said he didn't show up at their forum meeting and Daru was stopped from going there by Okarin.
  • Kurisu's father might be the time travel guy with the lecture from the first episode, although that seems strangely irrelevant.
  • Kurisu is allegedly a SERN agent, but at this point, it's much more likely to be Daru. He'd also have the expertise to send the threatening texts to Okarin. Her dying in the first episode makes it seem strange too. If it isn't any one of the core group, then it could be Okarin's landlord. He would more or less know what they're up to, and it can't be a complete coincidence that Suzuha starts working there just to have an eye on Okarin, which isn't even her stated goal (the actual John Titor claimed to be looking for a IBM 5100...).
  • Mayuri might not be Mayuri from this timeline. That's purely because she talks about herself in third person to Okarin about that she would miss their talks if something were to go wrong.
  • There was one, possibly two, time/world line shifts: One in the first episode, the other one far back in Okarin's past. The primary function of that first episode shift was to either to save Kurisu or preventing the time travel convention. Maybe both, or one just followed from the other.
  • Suzuha is John Titor.
  • If Kurisu's father worked on time travel which she more or less "disproved" and that is their point of contention, then it is quite possible that her father is working for SERN. Pretty sure that they fought over time travel though, because why else would she mention that he'd be extra furious over her building a time machine.

Nothing of that is worthy of an "I did not expect that." though. So, time for a shower and the mythical twelth episode.

I, uhm, also get the feeling that this would work much better as the visual novel it started out as. I wonder if that game also has branches where Ruka gets assaulted by Okarin. What the hell, Tiger's-Eye? You suck.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

You didn't. KP insinuated that with his "I did not expect that." :)

So what are they going to mess up, are they turning Japan into a post-apocalyptic wasteland somehow?

39 minutes ago, majestic said:

You didn't. KP insinuated that with his "I did not expect that." :)

So what are they going to mess up, are they turning Japan into a post-apocalyptic wasteland somehow?

That was episode 12 and no they aren't but that's because something spoiler heavy.

I won't spoil you on your predictions, but the twist isn't any of them.

Even the ones that are true

Edited by KP the meanie zucchini
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, majestic said:

However, there are some random things that could or could not be:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Daru could be Suzuha's father. She said he didn't show up at their forum meeting and Daru was stopped from going there by Okarin.
  • Kurisu's father might be the time travel guy with the lecture from the first episode, although that seems strangely irrelevant.
  • Kurisu is allegedly a SERN agent, but at this point, it's much more likely to be Daru. He'd also have the expertise to send the threatening texts to Okarin. Her dying in the first episode makes it seem strange too. If it isn't any one of the core group, then it could be Okarin's landlord. He would more or less know what they're up to, and it can't be a complete coincidence that Suzuha starts working there just to have an eye on Okarin, which isn't even her stated goal (the actual John Titor claimed to be looking for a IBM 5100...).
  • Mayuri might not be Mayuri from this timeline. That's purely because she talks about herself in third person to Okarin about that she would miss their talks if something were to go wrong.
  • There was one, possibly two, time/world line shifts: One in the first episode, the other one far back in Okarin's past. The primary function of that first episode shift was to either to save Kurisu or preventing the time travel convention. Maybe both, or one just followed from the other.
  • Suzuha is John Titor.
  • If Kurisu's father worked on time travel which she more or less "disproved" and that is their point of contention, then it is quite possible that her father is working for SERN. Pretty sure that they fought over time travel though, because why else would she mention that he'd be extra furious over her building a time machine.

With that many guesses, some will probably be right and many wrong, right?

162478.gif162475.gif162477.gif

• Confused 1

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

That was episode 12 and no they aren't but that's because something spoiler heavy.

I won't spoil you on your predictions, but the twist isn't any of them.

I know, that was the point of stopping at 11 to make a post about it. :)

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

With that many guesses, some will probably be right and many wrong, right?

There weren't that many. The speculations about the agent were wrong, unless there's more than one. It's funny, I thought about all the candidates and ruled out most of them, and the speculations became reall wild (like the landord or Daru). I just... really didn't think of the one who it turned out to be. Slipped my mind. I mean, I actually didn't think of the character when going through the list. Heh. Ah, damn. If nothing else, that's pretty impressive without feeling completely random.

Anyway, spoiler post for 12:

Spoiler

So, apparently... it's Moeka. I thought about her message about not buying a new mobile phone into the past as some sort of coded transmission when it happened (what with Okarin also saying "no coded transmissions!"), but then forgot about the idea after being a) happy that she time-shifted herself out of the show and b) annoyed that the next few shifts put her back in, but without much (or any) screen time.

I feel like it would have made more impact or would have been set up a bit neater if she behaved a bit differently. There's no reason to text-bomb Okarin all the time, he  accepts anyone who talks to him as his lab members and lets them send D-Mails, and sending herself that message to change the past was really not very professional, not knowing what the hell else they're going to mess up (oh, only an entire district of the city).

Or rather, she should have made that raid immediately after her D-Mail was confirmed to have worked. The way it is now, eh, is the way it is because it has to be, otherwise they would not be able to reverse Mayuri's death.

That she ends up shooting Mayuri... guess that confirms that she knows more or is more than she lets on.

Well, good thing they just finished making a time memory copy device. What a crazy random happenstance!

Not bad, I might not like the characters or some of the things they do (except Mayuri when she's not forcing Ruka into cosplay), but the story is interesting enough. The identity of the agent was a bit surprising, assuming it's the only one, and SERN is really the only player on the field, which Suzuha's presence in the show sort of disagrees with, and I'm not entirely convinced that the threatening text messages that Okarin received were really from SERN.

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 2

Oh Mayushii's watch has stopped.....

• Sad 2

I watched up to episode 12 on Steins;Gate 0 over the last few days and it's weird. 

Spoiler

Ok, in addition to making all the ladies have bigger boobs, they also have Faris grab Moeka's boobs and tickle them because.....well I think I know. Daru must be writing the show.

The AI stuff and the slow crawl to WW3 are interesting, but overall it doesn't feel as good as the original series.

Anyways, I guess @majestic is going to see the shift from Mad Scientist Kyouma to PTSD Okabe. Tu...tu...ru

• Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:
Spoiler

Ok, in addition to making all the ladies have bigger boobs, they also have Faris grab Moeka's boobs and tickle them because.....well I think I know. Daru must be writing the show.

The AI stuff and the slow crawl to WW3 are interesting, but overall it doesn't feel as good as the original series.

:yes:

• Gasp! 2

5 minutes ago, majestic said:

:yes:

Daru confirmed as the self-insert.

A few more episodes of LoGH. Still not that interesting, but episode 59 told the story of the 2nd to 5th emperors.

The second emperor was basically “The Man in the High Castle”: repression of democratic groups, but he was a fair ruler… for those loyal to him. The third emperor was more interested in concubines. And the fifth kept the tradition up to his 96 years.

But not the fourth, this one would make Fish Eye proud. He even abdicated after one year, to run away with a boy. They explicitly said that the first emperor wouldn’t like having a homosexual descendant, since he did what he could to exterminate them.

That is the Empire for you.

To be fair, there is no evidence that these things continued 500 years later, when the series begins (except for concubines), but they did mention concentration camps once, so I wouldn’t bet against it.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg