Asking ahead of time but I have some questions about the ironman playthrough with only one save

I'm wondering if there are more places you can instantly wipe in dialogue, as with rymgandre or w/e his name is if you don't choose "Wait!". I finished Veteran, now playing PoTD. After that I'll try Veteran iron man expert and finally the triple crown. I'm asking ahead of time here but I'm wondering if there are more cases other than rymgander where you can get "one shot" in conversation, or maybe through failed skill checks. If I die in combat, that's on me. From a roleplaying perspective, I actually think it's pretty cool you can die in conversation and failed skill checks. Or even getting sunk at sea. Even dying to a trap is acceptable to me. 

It's just that dying this way, in convo through a failed skill check or a instant death dialogue choice, would be so damn lame of a way to die. So other than rymangand, is there other places you can get rekt like this? 😛 

Besides "instadeath by script" you should also watch out if you have injuries and then walk into a scripted scene where you might aquire more injuries. I remember at least one scripted scene where you can get more than one injury (iirc something with the Survivor's route in SSS?). Too bad if you started into that with two injuries... :)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Besides "instadeath by script" you should also watch out if you have injuries and then walk into a scripted scene where you might aquire more injuries. I remember at least one scripted scene where you can get more than one injury (iirc something with the Survivor's route in SSS?). Too bad if you started into that with two injuries... :)

Aloth got as many as 3 in that scripted interaction. Made me wonder if it's possible to perma-die there just by making the wrong choices. (Even if you go in there without injuries, I mean. And yes, it's the survivor path in SSS. 🙂)

Edited by Sanasu
  • Like 1