Hey! I'm about to finish my two year old game with my custom party and want to start another game at PotD with story companions after that.

I want to use:

1. Tekehu: aoe dmg and healing

2. Aloth: debuffing and some aoe dmg 

3. Ranged DPS MC or companion 

4. Melee aoe DPS MC or companion

5. Melee DPS MC or companion

So I need advice for three party members. One of the two melee should do the tanking. Maybe this could be done by Edér, Pallegina or my MC. I dont't realy like ciphers and chanters, but maybe I just should learn to like them, I'd give them a try.

I don't know about the ranged DPS, I don't want to summon and didn't like pets in PoE1.

51 minutes ago, juppsen said:

I dont't realy like ciphers and chanters, but maybe I just should learn to like them, I'd give them a try.

try pallegina as a chanter. Herald is quite a beefy MC, can easily be a melee tank. Instead of picking up summons, pick up things like "Her Revenge" or the Reny Daret frightened blast (when upgraded to also grant penalty to all defenses is pretty brutal).

if you can afford to wait, Vatnir might make for an interesting priest/chanter. His priest subclass comes with lots of free offensive spells, which makes for an interesting take on priest.

have you tried maia as ranged dps? she's pretty much S-tier ranged ranger due to her unique subclass and her unique armor. even though ranger lack fancy abilities, in my current run maia was #1 in party damage for 99% of the game (until my caster hit level 20, and still may not be true if pet damage is included).

A single-classed Xoti can also be good. Can help tank early on with her free small shield proficiency, there is a great monk small shield, and any single-classed monk will eventually single-handedly carry your party if you want it to (whispers of the wind + stalking cloak)