It seems true from what I read that if you get an affliction you can cure it with an inspiration.   For example if staggered by an enemy cure it with Barbarian Frenzy or another might inspiration eg priest Holy Power.

So can you stack up positive effects?  Like Use Holy Power on a Barb Frenzy to get Tenacious?  Or use Holy Power on a Barbarian Berserker who already has Tenacious to grant Energized?

Or stack negative effects.  So Stagger after Daze to give Stunned?

Edited by claudius

1 hour ago, claudius said:

Like Use Holy Power on a Barb Frenzy to get Tenacious?

Inspiration working as a counter for corresponding Afflictions is very true. But Inspirations don't "stack" in the sense that they don't get combined into a stronger Inspiration. you just reapply a duration on the same Inspiration.

However since you mention Strong and Tenacious... specifically for the Strong Inspiration, you can wield Slayer Claw which "upgrades" your Strong to Tenacious. Which is why it's a weapon of choice for many Barbs out there. (Can be also interesting for a Berserker, then it's upgraded to Energized).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fun fact : you can "counter" (replace) a Low Tier high duration Inspiration with a High Tier low duration inspiration.

Similarly, you can "counter" (replace) a Low Tier high duration Affliction with a High Tier low duration Affliction.

I don't know if it can be done intentionally in some cases, but I'd rather be Stun 3s than Dazed 20s 🙂

Which makes Relentless Strom sort of annoying when cast after Dazing Shout 🙂 

Edited by Elric Galad