After a long time starting and restarting the game, I will try solo with the first build I planned: The Death Knight from World of Warcraft .

Classes: Troubador/Shifter

Troubador was an obvious choice, the life steal from Come Come Soft Winds and the skeletons are perfect for the build, and another invocations also fits well with the idea. 
I first played used Berath priest, but the Lich King uses frost spells too. Bloodmage was my second option, but they don’t have the decay spells that I wanted. The Druid have both the frost and Decay spells. And the shifter gets the most useful free spells for this build (Thanks @Waldemilson)

Race : Pale Elf for the RP

Stats (with Berath Blassings and The White that Ends)

MIG 15
CON 12
DEX 15
PER 22
INT 17
RES 9

Weapons: Greatsword, Battleaxe

Abilities (I will update while I play and test)

Start: Touch of Rot, Come Come Soft Winds of Death, If their bones (summon skeleton)

Level 2: Winter Wind

Level 3: Hel-Hyraf (not much sure about this yet, probably Thrice would be a better choice but doesn’t fit the theme of the build)

Level 4: At the sound of his voice and Blizzard

Level 5: Taste of the hunt

Edited by freddfranca

• 5 months later...

I can't speak for Freddfranca, but I did try a shifter theurge once, and quickly abandoned it when I realized you couldn't cast invocations when shifted. Also, it's too bad that shifters also can't cast Taste of the Hunt while shifted; it would be an ideal spell for them. Personally I'd go with a hierophant, maybe soulblade/blood mage, specializing in Concelhaut's Draining Touch. Ciphers have so many spells that drain power from foes it fits the theme well I think. You can also get quite tanky with a shield in the offhand, and all of the buffs hierophants can get.

• Like 1

Iirc OP didn't want to use Spiritshift much (only in emergencies). He picked Shifter mostly because of the fitting bonus spells for the theme. Shifter is the subclass with the most decay(ish) bonus spells. If you don't want to shift in the first place then Shifter has no downside. The upside are the fitting bonus spells.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Something like that, yes.

I never played a Shifter who doesn't want to shift :)but I suspect that Spiritshift as a backup option will be needed less the more levels you gain - because it becomes more  unlikely that you will run out of spells during encounters. 

I never even looked at the bonus spells of a shifter and that they could be a good fit for some builds that don't have anything to do with Spiritshift. Shifter was cemented as a melee type of guy (with the occasional spell) in my mind. So this idea to take the nice bonus spell selection and just ignore shifting for the most part was kind of refreshing imo. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods