2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Ha, I actually never looked at it again even after what I wrote. Sorry. :)

Yeah, I'm reviewing dysfunctional unique items.

So either I would like to address Wahai Poraga myself, or use your stand-alone mod (and link to it on BPM description).

5 hours ago, Avaritica said:

Wahai Poraga can be fixed by editing the "Duration" of AttackPulsedAOEComponent to 0.1 and then increasing "NumHits" to 3.(coz base code means primary target +2. However, 3 additional target is bit too strong IMO since AOE inherit effects of all "primary attack, full attack" abilities)

This way, it will works as described.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I don't think it is too strong because this is the same as WotEP. WotEP may hit less target, but its base damages are higher and it doesn't do friendly fire.

Or not stronger than multi-bouncing ranged attacks.

• Gasp! 1

Base dmg of Wahai Poraga is also very low. My "fix" was a bit quirky with the pull effect (although I liked it that it had a unique mechanic that made "holding the line" a lot more easy). 

I think @Avaritica's solution is the "proper" way to fix it and nearest to what the devs might have intended. 

edit: hm, maybe I should try to create a pike that is more like a (bill-)hook or a hooking instrument of Huana whale hunters: reach + pull effect. That would be a nice addition to the arsenal of unique weapons. It could be used by a Frontliner to pull enemies away from party members without the need of being a fighter with the fitting ability.

But no build-in AoE...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Base dmg of Wahai Poraga is also very low. My "fix" was a bit quirky with the pull effect (although I liked it that it had a unique mechanic that made "holding the line" a lot more easy). 

I think @Avaritica's solution is the "proper" way to fix it and nearest to what the devs might have intended. 

I'll try this then.

18 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

I don't think it is too strong because this is the same as WotEP. WotEP may hit less target, but its base damages are higher and it doesn't do friendly fire.

Or not stronger than multi-bouncing ranged attacks.

Holy! You are right. I didn't try using abilities with AOE weapons before so I thought Poraga is a unique case since its extra attacks are separate "RandomAttack" rather than one big "AttackAOEGameData".
But now, I just tried and even serafen blunderbuss can proc effects to all targets in AOE. So yes, I retracted my opinion. Wahai Poraga +3 looks cute in comparison.

Now I feel all AOE and multi-bounce weapons are OP. 😅

Edited by Avaritica

22 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

edit: hm, maybe I should try to create a pike that is more like a (bill-)hook or a hooking instrument of Huana whale hunters: reach + pull effect. That would be a nice addition to the arsenal of unique weapons. It could be used by a Frontliner to pull enemies away from party members without the need of being a fighter with the fitting ability.

But no build-in AoE...

Lashing Vine is druid's Pull of Eora.

Not directly related but I wanted to say this.

36 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

But no build-in AoE...

Or maybe just buff Mohora Tanga "Gaff/Mince-to" to per encounter(with nerfed effect to compensate) ?

Personally, I modded some unique weapons' abilities to per encounter because some of those abilities are crucial to weapon's "unique  identity" and it is too limiting for those to be per rest(mohora tanga, queen's rule, thundercrack pistol for example).

Well, I also modded rest system to be same as POE1 so for typical players, I guess you can argue that you can just rest after every fight.

Edited by Avaritica

On 1/4/2022 at 5:40 AM, Avaritica said:

Wahai Poraga can be fixed by editing the "Duration" of AttackPulsedAOEComponent to 0.1 and then increasing "NumHits" to 3.(coz base code means primary target +2. However, 3 additional target is bit too strong IMO since AOE inherit effects of all "primary attack, full attack" abilities)

This way, it will works as described.

Many thanks, this would be used in next BPM version.

You will be creditted of course.

Wahai Poraga working as intended is a good news because it is such an unique weapon.

• Like 2