Hi

I am completely new and I have a big question,

What is the difference (apart from the xp earned) to play with a 5 men party vs a 2 men party?  

Does the game scale in some way? like enemies have more HP or hit harder if you are in a 5 men party? 

If there is not any "scale" what is the point to play in a 2 o 3 party when you can play 5 party and all the fights will be easier?

tHANKS

Apart from the xp earned, no difference that I know of.

The only point is that some people prefer to use smaller parties or no party at all (i.e. to play solo all the way). The game allows for all possibilities. Some are harder than others, but some players prefer the hard way.

@Andres Arigon

For every party member missing you'll get -10% overall "Party XP". But since there are less party members every single one of them will get a higher number of XP. Like sharing a slightly smaller cake - but it's less mouth to feed. ;) 

With other words: your party members will get more XP per person if your party is smaller. But the group XP will be lower.

Let's say you get 500XP for a quest with a full party. THen every party member will get 500/5 = 100 XP. If you go with a party of four the overall XP will be 450, but every party member will get 450/4 = 112,5 XP. And so on. With a party of two: 350/2 = 175 XP. That's 75% more XP per person for a two men party compared to a full party. 

That means faster leveling. Going solo will level you up the fastest obviously.

You can "abuse" that and level up as solo char very quickly (if you can handle the game solo in the first place) and only then hire adventurers or take in official companions who will adapt to your (then very high) level.  

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

8 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

You can "abuse" that and level up as solo char very quickly (if you can handle the game solo in the first place) and only then hire adventurers or take in official companions who will adapt to your (then very high) level.  

So, keeping in mind that the first island is difficult, a very easy abuse would be to go solo immediately after finding Oderisi's notes. Simply going to Neketaka and walking around would then net you a fair amount of "free" levels, I think. This is predicated on the idea that you can't handle the game solo but wish to abuse the system where you can.

Yes, soloing the digsite is very difficult and I would argue impossible for beginners. But in general: if you know what you are doing you can level up very quickly solo (3 times faster than a full party) and then collect hirelings or companions at high (the highest) level. That's no fun for me but maybe for others. :) 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You can still exploit this by kicking everyone out of your party before turning in quests. A related XP exploit is to never level up your companions and bring them with you to turn in quests at level 1 for a massive XP multiplier until you are ready to use them. Always nice to have an Eder that's 3 levels higher than you.