Questions for devs about lore

juanval

First of all I wish you good luck with the development.

This forum has low activity, and it would be interesting to know a little more about the game:

1. When is avowed set in the timeline? before or after PoE2 events?

2. There will be new short stories or novellas? I like Eora universe and I enjoyed to read these stories related to Poe1 and 2.

Thanks in advance

On 1/9/2021 at 4:34 PM, juanval said:

This forum has low activity, and it would be interesting to know a little more about the game.

Well, had our burst of speculation, and now are waiting for an early gameplay trailer. Even though I am super curious, I don’t think I need to hear about “Avowed” again until they have something more definite to show closer to release. 

Though personally, I do put faith in rumour that the game takes place in Living Lands and that Forgotten Sanctum’s History of Eora XII book was a teaser for Avowed. 

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, John de Klerk said:

has the story been completely written?

I've only worked on FPS games, but I the main story is one of the first things to be completed, on paper at least. My understanding based on previous Obsidian interviews is that after the vertical slice is completed, a horizontal slice is worked on. The story would need to be basically complete before the main questline (or one of the potential paths through it) could be properly blocked out.