Cannot place clay/pebblet foundation

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. That is strange, considering that you do have some foundations side by side. Can you please submit a support request so that we can properly record and investigate this issue? 

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). 
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue building a new outpost base in 0.5.   Within the first image there are four gaps in the intended 4x5 structure (pebble foundations used).  The second image shows that despite snapping to the edges of the previous foundation lines, it will not allow placement.  The same is true for the other three gaps seen in the image, and it will not allow me to place a foundation anywhere on the left side if I wanted to expand to 5x5.  This is a single player game on PC.  The location is on the rock right of the rock containing the juice box container near the pond.  The last thing I did was run to my other base to get supplies to construct the foundations once placed.

Gaps.jpg

CannotExpand.jpg

If this is the stone next to the raspberry punch the best way to get the most foundations on that rock is start on the south edge in the middle so you are not too low or too high off the ground.  I have a full 8 x 12 here with shorter sections attached as you follow the curve of the rock. You will need to place some foundations into the rock below the visible surface but they can be removed with the blueprint removal debug.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue and I tried building in several different locations.  I also tried building at different heights to make sure all of the foundation pieces were touching the ground.  I eventually found a location where I could build enough foundation for a small house but the corner is missing out of it.  It is very frustrating.