Patch 0.4.2 has been Released

We have released Patch 0.4.2 for all players. Please update your game when you see that this update is available to receive the following fixes and changes:

FIXES - ALL PLATFORMS

• Fixed the large frame drops that could happen when approaching the pond.
  • Opening the save / load screen when you have a lot of saves will no longer take multiple seconds to open.
  • Fixed issue where clients that join the game or respawn on top of a base building structure or on a base floor could fall through the world.
  • Fixed issue where sometimes trying to jump onto a lily pad could cause you to fall through the pond as if the water wasn't there.

XBOX ONE | XBOX ONE S PLAYERS

• Fixed the out of video memory crash that happens when approaching the pond or oak tree area.
  • Fixed issue where creating a manual save in the Save / Load screen could cause an out of memory crash on the Xbox One and Xbox One S.

XBOX AND WINDOWS STORE PLAYERS

• Fixed some issues with manual saves and client player data not syncing from the cloud correctly.

We are working to push out updates to enhance your gaming experience continually, and we appreciate your patience and understanding while we continue to move forward together in this Early Access development period.

To stay current with the commonly reported issues and to follow their status, please visit our Grounded Issue Tracker Trello Board, or you can bookmark our Known Issues List.

If you are experiencing an issue that is not listed on either the Trello board or in the Known Issues List, fill out the Contact form located on our Support Site and include the following information:

1. Platform: (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Microsoft Store, PC Steam).
  2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game. (If multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if you know this)
  3. Description of issue.
  4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thank you again, and have fun out in the backyard!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Since this update it has corrupted my game saves regardless of which save i try loading it always loads the same one from a week ago even though the saves I made yesterday are still there and the one it does actually load its a weird morph of the one from a week ago and with the burgle challenges i was working on yesterday but all my pond crafted gear is gone everything was working fine after 0.4.1 just 0.4.2 now has messed up the saves have done the usual hard reset on the console just not sure what yo do next without loosing all my progress, cheers, keep ip the good work 👍.

Edit: just tried playing through one of the saves to see how much was lost and seems everything I built or stored after 0.4.1 is still there just the inventory has reset to what i had a week ago and my location ( the save was at my base near the oak tree yet it keeps spawning me near the etch a sketch that i was building a new base at a week ago ) so it’s only the pond stuff i hav in my inventory that appears lost atm. 

Edited by zooknut86
  • Like 1

Most high end items gone since the 4.2 update. 

I tested several saves but my character doesn't appear at the logout location but instead of the next-to-last spawn point with items that had been replaced and destroyed many, many ingame days ago.

Everything else seems to be in order: Buildings chest content etc. looks like it should, though not that easy to tell.

How is this even possible? Does the save game contain information about previous inventory states and messed it up now?!

Edited by Skjoldur

When my friends and I load into a online game we have our characters reset and lose our mutations and inventory. It seems like the only way around is by placing everything in a chest before we close out of a gaming session. No matter what save file I choose, we spawn into the same single file. Even after I deleted that file. 

• Thanks 1

• Shyla unpinned this topic