I am going to start a playthrough soon where my main character will be a Devoted/Monk. So I have access to both Charge and Flagellant's Path, and I cannot decide between them. Both are gap closers, but Charge does AoE stun and Flagellant's Path does AoE damage. What is preferable? I suppose I can get both, but that's a lot of investment, especially since this is a build that requires a lot of level-up abilities.

Oh, and it will be turn-based.

I honestly prefer Charge in TB. The abilities have the same range, cost and initiative, but stun is very, very useful in TB and charge interrupts on hit. On occasion I've had Eder stun like 5 enemies on his way to interrupt a spellcaster. Just grazing is enough to get the stun effect.

FP can interrupt too, being a full attack and all (assuming you'd dual-wield), but the damage is really, really underwhelming even when upgraded to shared pain (which one won't be able to reach when multiclassing).

Party composition would also factor in my decision - does anyone else have the ability to stun or not?

And you know, you can always just respec if you don't end up liking whichever ability you pick.

• Like 1

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance

42 minutes ago, elohinen said:

I honestly prefer Charge in TB. The abilities have the same range, cost and initiative, but stun is very, very useful in TB and charge interrupts on hit. On occasion I've had Eder stun like 5 enemies on his way to interrupt a spellcaster. Just grazing is enough to get the stun effect.

FP can interrupt too, being a full attack and all (assuming you'd dual-wield), but the damage is really, really underwhelming even when upgraded to shared pain (which one won't be able to reach when multiclassing).

Party composition would also factor in my decision - does anyone else have the ability to stun or not?

And you know, you can always just respec if you don't end up liking whichever ability you pick.

Tons of stuns. The other front-liner will likely be a Fighter/Chanter, so he will have both Charge and Chanter CC. I will also have a Druid/Chanter spamming Relentless Storm and other Chanter CC as well.

One difficulty in deciding here is that I've used Charge before so I am familiar with it, but I've never used Flagellant's Path. (I also have never used a melee Monk; the only time I've used Monk was as a blunderbuss platform.)

Edited by Lampros