I keep wondering about Seasons.

Will they add Seasons? And what will that mean?
Obviously some weather changes, but bugs hibernate, migrate, molt, change form completely sometimes.

Seasons could bring some VERY strange and interesting changes to the game.

Some of my Thoughts... :

Different Seasons - Different Bugs
Many bugs hibernate, so some bugs would be here all year around, but others wouldn't.

Hibernating Bugs would retreat to a home and stay there sleeping entirely through the season, only responding to direct attacks.
Some hibernating bugs bury themselves, so they would effectively just be gone during that season.

Cocooning Bugs would give a great source of rare crafting items, and possibly food.
The fun part is that cocooning bugs tend to change into something else.
Which would give us bugs (and crafting resources) that are ONLY available during certain seasons.

Weather ~ The Big Obvious
Changes in weather add a great deal of that Touch of Reality, bringing a world to life and letting you Immerse in it.
Cold is an obvious huge change, and would require heavy coats, or Winter Armor (which SHOULD be too hot to wear any other Season)
We've recently seen the addition of Morning and Evening Fog. Most of us are probably terrified of a good heavy rain. 
Although if the game is set (as I suspect) in California, the rain is never heavy enough to be truly worried about.

Which brings about the Location Setting.
If we're looking at Coastal California, it's lush, weather is marginally similar all year around, they just DO NOT have the scope and variety of bugs that you see in Texas, or Australia.
Location is going to play a HUGE part in adding Seasons and Seasonal Changes (if such ever occurs).
But ..... that would only make future DLC in new locations .... much, more interesting.

Anyway ... just an idea that's been floating around in my head.

"If ya need me, I'll be in the back yard ..."
~Gnith~

• Like 1

intersting.  i've been thinking about some of this myself.

I don't think we'll get seasons.  Just because they'd have to implement a growth system and that's a heck of a task.

We've talked about weather before.  I would love to see storms.  Rain and hail, temp drops that affect players and bugs.  Wind.  there's a top in itself.  High wind gusts that could blow things around, dust devils that could destroy structures and toss you half way across the yard to you death, unless you have a glider, but then you'd get caught by the wind and wouldn't that be fun! 😄

And the rain!  bombs falling from the sky.  i'm thinking grass plank structures would be severely damaged, sturdy and stem structures would be fine with rain, but if it hailed, grass would be destroyed, stem and sturdy construction damaged.  death if you're hit with a hail stone.  

Flash floods in the ditches and low areas.

that would be awesome!

• Like 1

Xbox One X

On 9/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, Gnith said:

I keep wondering about Seasons.

Will they add Seasons? And what will that mean?
Obviously some weather changes, but bugs hibernate, migrate, molt, change form completely sometimes.

Seasons could bring some VERY strange and interesting changes to the game.

Some of my Thoughts... :

Different Seasons - Different Bugs
Many bugs hibernate, so some bugs would be here all year around, but others wouldn't.

Hibernating Bugs would retreat to a home and stay there sleeping entirely through the season, only responding to direct attacks.
Some hibernating bugs bury themselves, so they would effectively just be gone during that season.

Cocooning Bugs would give a great source of rare crafting items, and possibly food.
The fun part is that cocooning bugs tend to change into something else.
Which would give us bugs (and crafting resources) that are ONLY available during certain seasons.

Weather ~ The Big Obvious
Changes in weather add a great deal of that Touch of Reality, bringing a world to life and letting you Immerse in it.
Cold is an obvious huge change, and would require heavy coats, or Winter Armor (which SHOULD be too hot to wear any other Season)
We've recently seen the addition of Morning and Evening Fog. Most of us are probably terrified of a good heavy rain. 
Although if the game is set (as I suspect) in California, the rain is never heavy enough to be truly worried about.

Which brings about the Location Setting.
If we're looking at Coastal California, it's lush, weather is marginally similar all year around, they just DO NOT have the scope and variety of bugs that you see in Texas, or Australia.
Location is going to play a HUGE part in adding Seasons and Seasonal Changes (if such ever occurs).
But ..... that would only make future DLC in new locations .... much, more interesting.

Anyway ... just an idea that's been floating around in my head.

"If ya need me, I'll be in the back yard ..."
~Gnith~

This was brought up in an interview and theyre looking into it.