Can't Load Save Files

I play the Outer Worlds on the PC with Epic Games.  My Win10 PC surpasses the game's requirements.  I recently got an update for the Outer Worlds (version Roll.3.0.470), and then my save files refuse to load up.  In the game's starting menu, I could see my save files, but each one has a light purple color overlayed on the save file's picture.  I clicked on the save files, and none would load up.

I do not want to start over, because my save files have many hours of gameplay.

• Thanks 1

Multiple people already posting about this, but it needs to be dealt with and talked about. 

The files have their pictures all pink and won't load. The continue button doesn't work, either. 

This is 2020. Not 1990. Why can't I load a game after saving  it. This is ridiculous. I'm not afraid to take action to get my money back. 

guys, can we cool it with the plucky attitude? From what I can see this problem only cropped up today and The Outer Worlds is a game done really well. Give the devs some time, I'm sure they have a life outside of being coding monkeys. We'd be at the mercy of that other company for this kinda experience, if not for the guys at Obsidian. 

• Thanks 2

If it has something to do with the dlc unlocking yesterday then saving as dlc then  being rolled back I'm fine with buying the dlc today but it's still not active on the epic store. Unlocked on the other stores and devices.

I see now that it not being on the epic store is being looked into also.

Edited by Apocs

1 hour ago, Dinesh Nadarajah said:

guys, can we cool it with the plucky attitude? From what I can see this problem only cropped up today and The Outer Worlds is a game done really well. Give the devs some time, I'm sure they have a life outside of being coding monkeys. We'd be at the mercy of that other company for this kinda experience, if not for the guys at Obsidian. 

It's likely not an Obsidian issue.  AFAIK, every instance is on the Epic Game Store.  it also happened yesterday, not today, and seems to have affected the release of the DLC on the EGS.  It's a major mess up that has affected a wide customer base, literally rendering their save files unusable.  

Update here -

There was a large update available to download. Thought it would be a fix! Nope, just the content from the DLC. Saves are no longer pink, but they show that I need access to the DLC. Quite obvious that the ****up from yesterday broke this. No word from Pirate, Obsidian or Epic regarding who caused it (likely never coming) or what they're going to do in order to fix it.

"Purchase the DLC" isn't a sufficient answer. Nobody should be forced to buy a product to fix a mistake that the developers caused. At least not at full price.

• Thanks 1

Hello again everyone!

Peril on Gorgon is now available through the Epic Game Store, so if you were waiting to purchase it there you are now able to do so.

Regarding the save file issue, please try logging into the game again and hopefully it will all be ok now. If it is, as there is always a chance it won't be, please reach out to the wonderful team at Private Division so they can look into this and help you out.

I am sorry that this has all happened and for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but I want to thank you for your patience while we looked into this. You all are amazing!

https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us

My save files are working now after a recent update via the Epic Game Store.

>>Oops, post about save files working was a lie. The game autoloaded the last functional save. My other save files have an exclamation point with a need for the DLC. This is not an acceptable remedy.

Edited by DSmyth