Suggestion: water surface swimming and carrying planks in water

would be nice if we have different animation and mechanic with floating at water surface rather than simply have the diving animation. Currently when we hold space to stay at water surface and then swim, the character frantically flops. 

and if we can carry planks and stems across water. At reduced capacity like 1 or 2 at a time perhaps. 

And maybe stems float and not sink

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agreed. Trying to swim at the top of the water is a pain at best, which is why I have avoided exploring most of the water.

Its honestly quite annoying that we can't carry planks/stems through water. Like, I get it, we're using both arms to swim, but then those materials are permanently lost in the water. Something's got to give, or I'll literally never explore near water. Its just too annoying currently.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Rose said:

Agreed. Trying to swim at the top of the water is a pain at best, which is why I have avoided exploring most of the water.

Its honestly quite annoying that we can't carry planks/stems through water. Like, I get it, we're using both arms to swim, but then those materials are permanently lost in the water. Something's got to give, or I'll literally never explore near water. Its just too annoying currently.

planks float if they're dropped in/on the water.  never tried swimming with them.  Agree they need to make stems float like this also.

Xbox One X

6 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

planks float if they're dropped in/on the water.  never tried swimming with them.  Agree they need to make stems float like this also.

Sure, they float, but unless they are near shore they might as well just sink or delete themselves from the game. Its far too much work to try to push them back out of water.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, INslay said:

The husky weed planks do not float, they sink.

yep that's what we were saying if you'd read the above posts :)

I think they should float and also move towards the nearest shore so you can retrieve them.

Xbox One X

I'm guessing ~NOTE .... GUESSING~ 

That when the big Pond Update comes out we'll be able to carry planks and stems across the water just like you're walking normally.
.... you'll just have to be wearing Water Strider Skis .... which we've seen in various posts from dataminers on the youtoobes

1 hour ago, Gnith said:

I'm guessing ~NOTE .... GUESSING~ 

That when the big Pond Update comes out we'll be able to carry planks and stems across the water just like you're walking normally.
.... you'll just have to be wearing Water Strider Skis .... which we've seen in various posts from dataminers on the youtoobes

i never put stock in vids online, unless they're official.  Especially from the site you mentioned, most are just doctored clickbait garbage.  

Xbox One X