Jump to content

I'm Done game is super broken even for a preview


Recommended Posts

Would just like that they seriously look into long loading times, saves resetting all progress except inventory, and saves with the infinite load screen. Sometimes I'm waiting over 20min + just to load into the game and thats if i dont get the infinite load screen. I kind of found a bypass using PC to at least see the screenshot preview of the save but even then its not guaranteed. but it at least gives me an idea of which saves are corrupted with the reset bug.

Edited by dvsnathan
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update: Uninstalled the game and re-installed. This loaded my save file but only kept my inventory in tack!!!! all my  bases gone and the map is respawned by default with all the resources back in tack. Thanks Obsidian I only wasted 140+ days on building a castle just  to lose it in the blink of an eye!

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a reason why the state of the game is in EARLY ACCESS.  Like any beta we play the game to try things out.  The game isnt even done yet and wont come out until 2021!  Most of us like what we see already.  Some people just need to learn patience and anticipate the updates.

I played many early access games and have been a beta tester as well.  You just play it, break it and report it.  

Good luck with life dvsnathan.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dvsnathan said:

really this game is in early access? no way I totally did not notice the huge game preview title at the top of the game cover  -.-

There's also no confirmation of a release in 2021 so please do not spread false information thank you.

Its not false information.  It was mentioned by Obsidian.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dvsnathan said:

really this game is in early access? no way I totally did not notice the huge game preview title at the top of the game cover  -.-

There's also no confirmation of a release in 2021 so please do not spread false information thank you.

Read this article before you pop off.  It even says it in here. Some of this summer's E3 virtual announcements said it too. 

https://gamerant.com/grounded-update-0-1-2-patch-notes/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see lots of "plans" and "expectations" but no actual confirmation. As I said do not spread false information I would appreciate that they just said its "scheduled" does not mean it's actually confirmed which will probably just lead to another push back like previous titles did with FF15 and currently Cyberpunk.  I would appreciate to if you would stop instigating I agree I popped off but I lost 150 days worth of progress and I am to just accept that after dumping $40 into the game? No thank you. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, dvsnathan said:

I see lots of "plans" and "expectations" but no actual confirmation. As I said do not spread false information I would appreciate that they just said its "scheduled" does not mean it's actually confirmed which will probably just lead to another push back like previous titles did with FF15 and currently Cyberpunk.  I would appreciate to if you would stop instigating I agree I popped off but I lost 150 days worth of progress and I am to just accept that after dumping $40 into the game? No thank you. 

If you aren't prepared for what  happens when you play and early access game then why didn't you wait to buy it until release? Bugs happen in early access, saves being wiped happen, glitches happen.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Z0RG said:

If you aren't prepared for what  happens when you play and early access game then why didn't you wait to buy it until release? Bugs happen in early access, saves being wiped happen, glitches happen.

I totally agree/confirm.....Maybe this is your first early access experience? But yeah, you may want to hold off on doing anything truly momentous until the game gets farther along in development. I remember another game (which JUST got out of beta) and while they were getting the final 2 of 4 zones complete, we lost all work at least twice. The good thing (in that situation) is that we didn't lose the resources. We DID have to build everything again, but by that time we had ideas that would take different approaches since the world had "evolved" from what it was in the first year. You are griping about a game that has only been in EARLY ACCESS for 2 weeks. Why are you trying to ruin the game's reputation before it's even been available to us for a full month? Patience, my friend.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JayBlaze said:

I totally agree/confirm.....Maybe this is your first early access experience? But yeah, you may want to hold off on doing anything truly momentous until the game gets farther along in development. I remember another game (which JUST got out of beta) and while they were getting the final 2 of 4 zones complete, we lost all work at least twice. The good thing (in that situation) is that we didn't lose the resources. We DID have to build everything again, but by that time we had ideas that would take different approaches since the world had "evolved" from what it was in the first year. You are griping about a game that has only been in EARLY ACCESS for 2 weeks. Why are you trying to ruin the game's reputation before it's even been available to us for a full month? Patience, my friend.

Yup that's how it happens, it seems they aren't well versed in early access or just want to complain. Heck, every time 7 days to Die has a major revision update you have to start completely over on PC.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JayBlaze said:

I totally agree/confirm.....Maybe this is your first early access experience? But yeah, you may want to hold off on doing anything truly momentous until the game gets farther along in development. I remember another game (which JUST got out of beta) and while they were getting the final 2 of 4 zones complete, we lost all work at least twice. The good thing (in that situation) is that we didn't lose the resources. We DID have to build everything again, but by that time we had ideas that would take different approaches since the world had "evolved" from what it was in the first year. You are griping about a game that has only been in EARLY ACCESS for 2 weeks. Why are you trying to ruin the game's reputation before it's even been available to us for a full month? Patience, my friend.

Apologies for what seemed like an immature post made through frustration but I do agree.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings all! 

As far as long load issues go, we are indeed aware of them and are looking to. It is pretty difficult to hammer down the exact cause, but we do know some contributing factors seem to be long playtimes, and having more than 10 saves appear to give players issue. Deleting down to a number below that has resolved for some, and always feel free to submit a ticket to us with your computer specs to help us gather that sweet data to help find a resolution!

  • Like 2

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2020 at 7:35 PM, dvsnathan said:

Agreed I should've done this but I had been streaming the game since launch and told my viewers if I can play the game uninterrupted then this would be a 100% purchase.  I've played many game previews and betas and yet I've never experienced a wipe on a 100+ hour save not even on Ark.  Back to the point at hand this is an issue of not being able to load saves yet I see no assistance being given rather than condescending responses.  Karma's a beach and MS didn't issue my refund so I'm stuck with the game so I'll do my best to help others on this forum so they don't have to experience this by wasting so many hours just trying to load the game.  Unless you have any positive information to offer then kindly shut your mouth, thank you.

Wow, ur really triggered huh? It's funny that you started this thread off bashing Obsidian, but talk about positive info. I'm positive that you are correct about Karma...guess you are getting a good tan at the "beach....." Also, this game is NOWHERE NEAR beta yet. I tried to make that clear in my original (non condescending) post. Lashing out at ppl because you mis-informed your viewers by leaping before you looked? Not cool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...