Sign in to follow this  
MrRob

HotPouch Radial Menu

Getting used to the radial menu for the HotPouch took a bit of time to become accustomed to, but is not so bad now that I have become more familiar. However, one aspect that I do not like is that it prevents actions from occurring while moving such as eating, swapping tools/weapons, applying bandages etc. In order to accomplish these is to stop moving which could be life or death move. Recommend allowing Left/Right Bumper tapping to cursor through the HotPouch and a "long" hold on the LB would bring up the radial menu. I really just want to be able to run away from a spider and switch to a more appropriate tool/weapon to prepare for a counterattack.

if you play on Xbox and have a chat pad on your controller the 1-8 buttons quick select the items on the hot pouch. I likeusing those way more then the radial.

2 hours ago, RFdriver said:

if you play on Xbox and have a chat pad on your controller the 1-8 buttons quick select the items on the hot pouch. I likeusing those way more then the radial.

Oh, I will have to try that out. I haven’t run into any games yet that utilize the additional keys from the chat pad other than typing.

Totally aggree. I really want to cycle through the hotbar with LB! I play alot of survival games and they all allow you to do this. It's the whole point of a hotbar, in my opinion a hotbar is there for quick access without directing you away from the action. I also press RB to cycle through and accidentally throw the time in my hand regularly lol

On 8/2/2020 at 4:31 AM, Pixel5urfer said:

Totally aggree. I really want to cycle through the hotbar with LB! I play alot of survival games and they all allow you to do this. It's the whole point of a hotbar, in my opinion a hotbar is there for quick access without directing you away from the action. I also press RB to cycle through and accidentally throw the time in my hand regularly lol

Yes, RB gets me occasionally. Sometimes I didn't even notice I threw something as I was attempting to cycle through the hotpouch until I go to access and I am like "uh, where did my axe go?". Anyways, I have gotten accustomed to the raidal menu and wanted to correct a statement I made. You can utilize the radial menu while moving in a single direction which is not so bad, however, being in a dense grass jungle leads to running into something while operating the radial menu causing the issue mentioned above regarding life or death actions.