How long do we have to wait?

Thank you Lost Straw, I think I'll sign up on their forums.

I was just teasing you about the Carmilla, Ender. I know the names of all the werewolf tribes, vampire clans, demon houses, mage traditions, fae kith, and exalted castes. Didn't you say you have a Prince character? What clan was he?

My Prince character was a 12th Gen Gangrel who took Praxis from an 8th Gen Tremere Lord.

My Gangrel had about 9,000 lives it seemed.

A gangrel Prince? I'm surprised the blue-bloods went for that.

I was talking about a Dragon-blooded CRPG. Though you could still get off your butt if you so desired. I've DMed in the past and I'm of the opinion that if you don't have strong sadistic or masochistic urges pushing you towards it then it's not a good idea.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Exalted is to power gamish for my tastes. I prefer low magic, grim worlds of smattering of technology and horrific degradation of the environment.

Eru? How is not wanting a PnP port to a computer and hoping that Obsidian's next game be something that I can get into contradictory?

My Gangrel didn't become a Prince until about 3 years into the chronicle. He was Prince of San Bernadino County in SoCal (the largest county in the US) admist several elders. Alot of people gunned for me, but at the same time I don't know that a whole lot of people would really want the job. The domain was sandwiched between LA and San Diego. Need I say more?

However, he was a temporary Archon before he was a Prince. He was in a small sect called the Jannisaries, who acted as crusaders for the Traditions. I helped protect the Brujah Justicar during an attack on his life, and became an archon for a weekend. I lated learned that the whole time I was a pawn of the Justicar who used us to get an artifact from the Setites to summon a demon. When I learned of how easily I had been duped, and of the Justicar's intensions, I became a bloodhunted Auturk. For years, I was in control, or so I thought. The moment of revelation for me was priceless.

Most people assumed my Gangrel was an Elder, when in fact, he was a neonate.

I have a theory that characters that are played exceedingly reckless sometimes live the longest, and accomplish the most. Of all my characters, in any chronicle, he was the most exciting and fun to play.

With **** going down, I don't know about the Exalted game, but that likely would have been an action title. I think an Exalted CRPG would be great.

I've been itching to run a game for a while. I was planning on running Gehenna next. White Wolf handled the meta-plot surprisingly well.

Hades One:

" Exalted is to power gamish for my tastes. I prefer low magic, grim worlds of smattering of technology and horrific degradation of the environment."

The Solar Exalted are quite overpowered. A Dawn Caste could kill a Nexus Crawler in two rounds. That's just wrong. The Dragon Blooded are far less powerful and their game focuses on the decaying decadence of the Empire.

When is WoD 2.0 coming out, anyway?

Ender,

"I have a theory that characters that are played exceedingly reckless sometimes live the longest, and accomplish the most."

My own experiences tend to agree with that.

I thought InterPlay was a publisher? I've heard about them sinking quite a few times but don't know any details. When Trokia finishes their Vampire game White Wolf might look to do an Exalted one.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

White Wolf

WoD 2.0 comes out in August.

One thing that I found interesting was that they said there will be no meta-plot in the WoD. They don't want the new book contradicting your current chronicle, or to strong-arm you into running their campaign simply because it's official. From what I've seen of the new rules, I really like the system. I also like having one core rule book.

The diff is always 8, no matter what. Also, you only need one success. It was silly that you needed 5 successes, so you could roll 4 successes, but not succeed. Modifiers give extra dice to roll, or remove dice.

Is that brilliant, or what?

My only concern is that they simplified combat. I like simple, quick rules, but I'm wary. How fair is combat? There is simply one die-roll for combat. That roll determines whether or not you hit, and how much damage you do. Is there a soak roll still? Is it too lethal? We'll see.

I also agree about the Dragon-Blooded statements. They are quite under-powered in Exalted, and that's why they intrigue me. In the "Blasphemy" thread, people keep calling me a munchkin because I cheated in BG. The truth is, I really prefer challenges, and prefer to be underpowered. I played a Gangrel to be the outcast, and underdog.

The main Exalted book gives rules for the Solar characters. They are sick and wrong. I'd never want to play them. They make better antagonists.

The Dragon-Blooded characters are more interesting story-wise, and rules-wise. Imagine playing a Dragon-Blooded, and being hated by everyone. Imagine having all these rather powerful Exalteds wanting you dead. Imagine trying to save a crumbling Empire in the face of all this.

Next time you're in a gaming shop, flip through the Dragon Blooded book and you'll see a completely different game.

The rule for getting bonuses for creative stunts is pure genius.

The Dragon-Blooded characters are more interesting story-wise, and rules-wise. Imagine playing a Dragon-Blooded, and being hated by everyone. Imagine having all these rather powerful Exalteds wanting you dead. Imagine trying to save a crumbling Empire in the face of all this.

Sounds like KOTOR:TSL <_<