Hello,

I'm trying to understand how summoned weapons work, to mod them. First, would it be doable to make them scale with power level instead of character level ?

I'm also trying to find in gamedatabundles where weapons effects are stored. IE, I'd like to make change to the life stealing effect of the wizard staff. I've found the ability to summon the staff, I've found the item summoned, I've found the attack, but I can't seem to find the life steal.

Could someone enlighten me ?

Thank you

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, johncdp said:

I'm trying to understand how summoned weapons work, to mod them. First, would it be doable to make them scale with power level instead of character level ?

Summoned Weapons have the ItemMod Scaling_Weapon, which has three StatusEffects:

• Scaling_Weapon_SE_Accuracy (cb6879e9-e07d-4380-8acc-b698891a8555)
  • Scaling_Weapon_SE_Damage (cf93bd41-47d4-4d0d-90ae-7fd9ef0066cd)
  • Scaling_Weapon_SE_Penetration (31b89607-0914-4453-8f9d-f5a18aa8327f)

You want to look at each of their PowerLevelScaling parameter. Here's the specific documentation: https://eternity.obsidian.net/game-data-formats/structures#statuseffectlevelscaling

However, touching these values will also affect all non-summoned weapons that use Scaling_Weapon (there's a bunch of them). I'd recommend making a new ItemMod with Scaling_Weapon and its StatusEffects as a template, make it scale with PL, then replace the ItemMod references to Scaling_Weapon with your new ItemMod for all the summoned weapons you want to affect.

44 minutes ago, johncdp said:

I'm also trying to find in gamedatabundles where weapons effects are stored. IE, I'd like to make change to the life stealing effect of the wizard staff. I've found the ability to summon the staff, I've found the item summoned, I've found the attack, but I can't seem to find the life steal.

Quarterstaff_Concelhauts_Parasitic has the ItemMod Draining, which in turn contains Draining_SE_ApplySEByDamageDealt (f6269b2d-6a7a-4956-8894-2b5e76a39089) which you'll find in statuseffects.gamedatabundle!

• Thanks 2