I reached the ending fight of FS yesterday, and although it does not seem nightmarishly difficult, there are some elements that I do not understand about the Oracle and there is absolutely no info about him on the wiki.

I've killed him a couple of times, but I died to his minions, which there are plenty of. How do they spawn? Does it have to do with HP remaining?

What do the targetable objects in the arena do? I did destroy some, but nothing happened.

I believe that the Hindsight buff the Oracle has is linked to his immunity to flanking. Can I turn it off (without arcane damperer that is)?

Edited by danielbda

1. Every time the oracle hits a new health status "injured, bloodied, near death" more minions appear. I actually got into major trouble in one attempt because an empowered minoletta's missile salvo took the oracle through too many health statuses in one go (without outright killing it) that i got swarmed and overwhelmed by minions.

2. the lanterns stun the oracle for a short duration when destroyed. If you have spare DPS or lots of AoE it makes the fight a tad easier to take out he lanterns periodically. But if you don't hav have the spare DPS (busy taking out minions, for example) don't go out of your way to do it - it's not worth the time spent in such a case.

3. The organic stuff I think just adds more Slog Zones through the map when destroyed. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker for the fight, i don't know why the AI prioritizes destroying it at times.

4. Arcane Dampener I don't believe will suppress hindsight or immunity to flanking. Duration-less buffs are hard to gauge, because many of them can't be cleansed or suppressed, but some of them *can* (if I remember correctly). But I can't say for sure because the Oracle has such high will defense that I'm not typically trying to do anything about it. I don't think Hindsight is related to immunity to flanking, because if Hindsight was bestowing flanking immunity, there wouldn't be a separate "immunity: flanked" entry. (Much like how some enemies have Immunity: Poison/Disease, but a paladin enemy might be immune to them as well via a passive buff, but they dont' show up with that immunity listing). I actually don't know what Hindsight does (or many enemy buffs) - the solution to find out would be to either dig through game files, or use console to spawn an oracle, have it join your party, and look at their character sheet to see what the auto-generated description is. edit - the latter wouldn't work because you can only examine abilities, not passives.

Edited by thelee
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, thelee said:

1. Every time the oracle hits a new health status "injured, bloodied, near death" more minions appear. I actually got into major trouble in one attempt because an empowered minoletta's missile salvo took the oracle through too many health statuses in one go (without outright killing it) that i got swarmed and overwhelmed by minions.

2. the lanterns stun the oracle for a short duration when destroyed. If you have spare DPS or lots of AoE it makes the fight a tad easier to take out he lanterns periodically. But if you don't hav have the spare DPS (busy taking out minions, for example) don't go out of your way to do it - it's not worth the time spent in such a case.

3. The organic stuff I think just adds more Slog Zones through the map when destroyed. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker for the fight, i don't know why the AI prioritizes destroying it at times.

4. Arcane Dampener I don't believe will suppress hindsight or immunity to flanking. Duration-less buffs are hard to gauge, because many of them can't be cleansed or suppressed, but some of them *can* (if I remember correctly). But I can't say for sure because the Oracle has such high will defense that I'm not typically trying to do anything about it. I don't think Hindsight is related to immunity to flanking, because if Hindsight was bestowing flanking immunity, there wouldn't be a separate "immunity: flanked" entry. (Much like how some enemies have Immunity: Poison/Disease, but a paladin enemy might be immune to them as well via a passive buff, but they dont' show up with that immunity listing). I actually don't know what Hindsight does (or many enemy buffs) - the solution to find out would be to either dig through game files, or use console to spawn an oracle, have it join your party, and look at their character sheet to see what the auto-generated description is.

Thanks,

Now I understand the fight but still have problems with assigning party members. My MC DPS is the source of 90% of my damage, and he and Aloth pretty much kill the Oracle by themselves, Aloth debuffing with paralyze.

But since they are killing the Oracle, they can't kill the minions, and Eder, Pallegina and my Priest are not damage dealers. The minions also constantly ignore Eder and Pallegina.

2 hours ago, danielbda said:

Thanks,

Now I understand the fight but still have problems with assigning party members. My MC DPS is the source of 90% of my damage, and he and Aloth pretty much kill the Oracle by themselves, Aloth debuffing with paralyze.

But since they are killing the Oracle, they can't kill the minions, and Eder, Pallegina and my Priest are not damage dealers. The minions also constantly ignore Eder and Pallegina.

i would actually adjust your strategy and if possible use your DPS to take out the minions first while eder/pallegina/priest try to tank and survive through the oracle, since you won't get more minions until you drop the oracle down a health status. The oracle itself is not too bad, it's really all those delayed blast fireballs and walls of many colors that can really ruin your day.