Realism Mod, Help Needed

(Intro to problem and pondering, can be skipped) Hi! I am posting here for the first time in case someone could lend me a helping hand with a realism mod I'm working on, mostly for myself but for others too once complete. The mod basically aimed to make the pillars 2 experience more realistic for me by building on the Rymrgand and Woedica challenges. Woedica went mostly unchanged apart from tweaking with Second Wind to Per Rest to avoid abuse by me and others. For Rymrgand, I am mostly revamping Crafting of Food and Drinks, tweaking spoil times and making new recipes for stuff like turning raw meats into cured ones, preserving fruits and vegetables by drying, adding more ingredients for crafting foods in shops etc. Most of these are going okay so far. I am, however, stuck on this problem.

Problem: I would like, when food and drinks are consumed when travelling on your ship, for your party members, not just your crew, to consume some of those supplies as well. I have no idea where to even edit entries to accomplish this much less what that alteration might cause on the different morale and hunger systems as I do not know how those are coded to work. Originally I wanted to find if there was a way to even give party members some kind of basic crew functionality, since that is by far a more realistic approach, however that seems even trickier to accomplish than this so I'm giving it a wide berth. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Pondering: Another thing that had been bugging me which I have given up on unless someone can provide actual help is integrating Abydon's challenge to the fold of the mod. There are a few things that make it impossible currently for me to even attempt it, however. 1) Apparently, as far as I'm aware even though I might be wrong due to lack of extended testing, the game does not tell you how far your weapons and armor are to being broken. That is greatly unrealistic. There is no way someone like Eder for example can't figure out by a simple look if his weapon might need to see some repairs. This way you lose weapons and armor you would not need to lose. 2) Some weapons and armor don't need repairs. They shouldn't. A legendary blade with a million traits and powers would never in a million years become legendary or have anyone bother make it legendary if it could break that easily. You'd never encounter Modwyr. Modwyr would be dead and gone. For that matter, it would be pointless to even attempt to make Modwyr... anyway, that's all I got. If anyone can help with anything, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Edited by EthanModder

This might be information you're already aware of, but here is what I can find:

It looks like how much a crew member consumes is handled by the entries under each member's "ShipCrewMemberData" in ships.gamedatabundle (laxc_ships.gamedatabundle for dlc crew). I don't know where to find the piece of code that is tallying these amounts and then subtracting them when the crew is aboard. Possibly might be under a very obscure name in one of the gamedatabundles.

There are some entries to do with ship morale under "GlobalShipSettings" in global.gamedatabundle , and if you look under "ItemRepairSettings" there is an entry concerning damage done to weapons (The GUIDs in the brackets point to "Weapon_Damage" entries in items.gamedatabundle).

Edited by Kvellen

14 hours ago, Grape_You_In_The_Mouth said:

Some of this may be do-able but it would be harder than making abilities and items, and people don't even do that.  I would try simple mods then working up to this.

Well, sadly, I'm okay with level 1 modding territory but level 2 feels like... a lot... definitely not sth I can grow to by working on level 1 more. Still, thank you for taking the time to read and reply ^^

8 hours ago, Kvellen said:

This might be information you're already aware of, but here is what I can find:

It looks like how much a crew member consumes is handled by the entries under each member's "ShipCrewMemberData" in ships.gamedatabundle (laxc_ships.gamedatabundle for dlc crew). I don't know where to find the piece of code that is tallying these amounts and then subtracting them when the crew is aboard. Possibly might be under a very obscure name in one of the gamedatabundles. - Quite possibly, it feels like sth one of the devs that worked on it would know but anyone else would struggle with, could be in some script too somewhere, dunno... Wael must be guarding it pretty well ^^... I'm glad I never hid those docs in the first game and gave them to the library, serves him right

There are some entries to do with ship morale under "GlobalShipSettings" in global.gamedatabundle , and if you look under "ItemRepairSettings" there is an entry concerning damage done to weapons (The GUIDs in the brackets point to "Weapon_Damage" entries in items.gamedatabundle). - I didn't know those too, the globalshipsettings wasn't much help but the itemrepairs was. It has entries regarding how much damage can things take before they break, so I suppose I can make these amounts long enough to last at least a dungeon or two and have me and others repair them between adventures, thus circumventing the problem of them breaking by not knowing how damaged they are. It's not a perfect solution but it should work, thank you very very much! (also requires much less work to code XD)