My thoughts for one dlc

If they re-balanced survival/supernova and added the ability to recruit say sublight mercs on monarch to eat some of that "your companion AI refuses to do anything but LEEEEEROY at mantis queens" it'd be a cool little add-on. In game fashion maybe depending on stats if they die you don't have to pay them, or if you had low speech skills you get bent over by a contractual payment for their deaths. Same for when you get in good with a faction. Would make some of the endgame actually make more sense if you were getting military assistance from spacers choice/deserters/monarch/iconoclasts/the pmc government faction the whole time. 

They didn't really leave room for a romance option. Maybe Ellie, there are rushed hints of that, but you're already a 3rd wheel for parvati if you're a girl. It's sad the one thing lacking in this game seems to be companion interactions. Their quests take no time or skill and everything moves lightning fast for the developments. In new vegas companion interaction was small in scale to match being on the road together for maybe a few ingame weeks. Boon opens up about what happened to his wife to you and you could call yourselves almost friends, you learn about the BoS from veronica and her arc dovetails into that questline, etc. In Outer worlds you're at the center/facilitator of major life shifts for the companions... despite knowing these people for literal hours. days at most. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, thearmourofGod said:

always love in-depth companion quests

always hate all rpg “romance”

especially, the shallow, adolescent bio/beth junk

*KC:D!  the game i was playing right before TOW!  cant wait to get back to it after my second run...

I agree so much. Bioware games have become glorified dating sims at this point. Romances are fine, but when they become the center talking point of your game; that's a problem.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:09 AM, Mr.Placeholder said:

It's sad the one thing lacking in this game seems to be companion interactions. Their quests take no time or skill and everything moves lightning fast for the developments. In new vegas companion interaction was small in scale to match being on the road together for maybe a few ingame weeks. Boon opens up about what happened to his wife to you and you could call yourselves almost friends, you learn about the BoS from veronica and her arc dovetails into that questline, etc. In Outer worlds you're at the center/facilitator of major life shifts for the companions... despite knowing these people for literal hours. days at most. 

Gave a "like" for this part.  I felt as though the companion interactions were too soon to develop, not deep enough, and too quick to resolve.

I don't want/need "romance" with the companions.  But I do look forward to learning a lot about them and them being complex and not just complete their companion quests after a couple of "go here, do that" missions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So, here's the problem.  When a studio makes DLC they have to go back and record new dialog for all returning and new voice actors.  The returning voice actors can then negotiate a new contract, or even just say no because they are working on a new project.  If a studio plans for DLC at the outset then they can do all of this in the initial production run, but a smaller studio like Obsidian who wanted to focus on making sure the main game was solid doesn't really have that ability.  Even Bethesda almost never has main game NPCs who are integral to DLC.  Far Harbor was a huge departure in that regard.