Companions names on weapons / armor use in your inventory

It can get confusing when modifying or tinkering your companions weapons and armor trying to remember who is equipped with what. Especially when you have multiples of the same item in your inventory. 

A nice patch update would be to simply put the companion's name (perhaps in red font) in the item description of whatever weapon or armor they are wearing so you know exactly what to upgrade. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonathansanity said:

Yes, especially when I tend to give them the same weapona and armor.

A current work around might be to have some low level filler items then take the equipment in your inventory to upgrade.  If you are giving everyone the same equipment you would only need to maintain 2 sets as you can only take 2 companions out.  Of course you would have to remember to equip the items before you went into each zone, this might trip me up as on my build I use different armor sets for in town, out of town and stealth.  I have died on occasion only to realize I had level 2 armor with an AC of 9 instead of my battle armor with 45 armor and mods installed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ommamar said:

A current work around might be to have some low level filler items then take the equipment in your inventory to upgrade.  If you are giving everyone the same equipment you would only need to maintain 2 sets as you can only take 2 companions out.  Of course you would have to remember to equip the items before you went into each zone, this might trip me up as on my build I use different armor sets for in town, out of town and stealth.  I have died on occasion only to realize I had level 2 armor with an AC of 9 instead of my battle armor with 45 armor and mods installed.

It would be such an easy fix if Obsidian team implements having you and your companion's name in red for the item description to avoid having to remember what weapon or armor needs upgrading and not selecting the wrong equipment.

I hope someone from the dev team actually reads this thread.

1 hour ago, True Story said:

It would be such an easy fix if Obsidian team implements having you and your companion's name in red for the item description to avoid having to remember what weapon or armor needs upgrading and not selecting the wrong equipment.

I hope someone from the dev team actually reads this thread.

Or maybe some will mod it in, this seems more likely but who knows what Obsidian will do with the game now that it is released.