(Spoiler) Candid's Cradle

Does anyone else think it's absurd that you can do all other side quest for the iconoclasts, but if you choose high-capacity cartridges instead of medicine during the side quest The Commuter, then you are locked out of the quest Sucker Bait and lose all chances at negotiating peace between the factions MSI and Iconoclast?

• Thanks 1

Yes I have the same problem.

Its unfair since by choosing either the cartridges or the medicine you end-up helping the iconoclasts. The way I saw it : Get cartridges fast to help them and save lives or get medicine from my point of view for a FIRST QUEST and without knowing both Zora and Graham and their story its simply unfair to have the best game ending based on one single decision. 

When Zora asked me to save her soldiers before the printer I didnt hesitate it was the first choice I had that made sense to get on her good will.

Also you dont get to know Zora nor Graham until its a little too late to make a good choice, I got the chance to ask him about the massacrer AFTER getting the gunship targeting module he said : *oh well I dont really want to talk about it* And Zora wont give me the quest *sucker bait* that would give me the answers to what happened thus helping me make a good choice by giving or not the module to Graham.

For me Zora should give the sucker bait quest no matter what so you get a chance to really prove her that she can trust you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel the same..

I feel that IF you have 100% rep with both factions and even if you get Zora's Review later (situation I am in.. Sanjar doesn't have the dialogue option) there should be an 'out'..

I would suggest a 'catch-all' of

[Intimidate 100] 'You are either going to make peace.. or I kill you ALL!'

If the player is REALLY dedicated to peace and doesn't have the Skill Points for the intimidation 100... they will grind to get it.. that shows a commitment to peace.. grrrr.. peace.. do as I tell you!

I did it all naturally.. no guides followed.. but I hadn't found Zora's review until after I had the module :( .. I also had the BOLT52 on me when he asked.. how on earth am I penalized for that?? :( 

On 11/6/2019 at 2:03 AM, aquamarrocks said:

Does anyone else think it's absurd that you can do all other side quest for the iconoclasts, but if you choose high-capacity cartridges instead of medicine during the side quest The Commuter, then you are locked out of the quest Sucker Bait and lose all chances at negotiating peace between the factions MSI and Iconoclast?

It kind of makes sense, though.  Zora asked you to get the supplies, and her first impression of you is you didn't care enough about what she thought was important to do that.  Since you (the PC) don't have that connection with her, she's less likely to want to go against her instincts (which is to attack Stellar Bay) and agree to do what you ask of her.

If there are no consequences for decisions you make (ie. no matter what you do, all options remain open to you), then where's the choice and consequence?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

28 minutes ago, GhostofAnakin said:

It kind of makes sense, though.  Zora asked you to get the supplies, and her first impression of you is you didn't care enough about what she thought was important to do that.  Since you (the PC) don't have that connection with her, she's less likely to want to go against her instincts (which is to attack Stellar Bay) and agree to do what you ask of her.

If there are no consequences for decisions you make (ie. no matter what you do, all options remain open to you), then where's the choice and consequence?

Not bad, I'd like to think of it more along the lines of the fact the PC didn't give survivable supplies to the Iconocasts and out of sheer desperation, it's imminent war with a superior military force by comparison. They literally have nothing to lose because if they don't fight and take Stellar Bay, they're all going to die.

The PC failed to give any supporting hand to them, so they're not going to survive.

Knowing how the peace talks go, it's not like the peace-treaty would have actually solved anything to be honest. You need Dialog checks simply to establish the meeting, then further dialog checks to force either side, or both, into a mutual co-operation to the point where neither of them are happy about the deal anyways. You even find out that Stellar Bay wouldn't be able to support a huge influx of Iconocasts joining the populace. It's a literal lose-lose situation.

Imagine, even if this was an option, you should have opted to work with Iconocasts because that ending would only mean the Iconocasts are within the gates already and can easily over-power and take over Stellar Bay from the inside. This would mean a bloodbath, where the results would be heavily one-sided. You'd enact a Trojan Horse essentially.

Heck, even with the hesitated negotiations I made, I still believe I enacted a Trojan Horse and I expect Stellar Bay to fall to be perfectly honest.