Audio Issues: Odd Sound Levels, No Ambient Sounds

[Verbose story first, brief summary at the end.]

Hi!

I've been playing this game since it was released, and I instantly fell in love with it. I started noticing after a while, however, that the game was too quiet. I didn't hear any kind of ambient sound while exploring, and it was especially noticeable in cities, which made them feel very empty. All I would hear was the music and bark conversations - without those, it was dead silent. I was preparing to ask around on the forums if anyone else had noticed it as well, when I read about others reporting other sound issues, among them a lack of surround sound. This got me thinking, and I started experimenting with my audio settings in Windows and in my headphones (no results), and then in the game itself. Lo and behold, when I turned the audio slider for Effects back up to 100% from 50% (I always lower this setting in games where there are lots of shooty-bang-bang noises), Byzantine suddenly burst into life with various sounds coming from everywhere and I could also hear the river flowing! I even noticed that the vending machines make noises, and that there out in the wilds were various creature sounds and what not filling the air. I now play with Effects set to 100% and it has made a huge difference in how I experience the worlds and settlements in the game.

In short: The sound levels in the game appear overly sensitive. If I turn the Effects slider in the audio settings down below 90%, pretty much everything in the ambient sound department becomes completely inaudible to me. I hear nothing but the music and the voice barks - everything else is dead silent. It is possible that this might be related to other audio issues that players have reported, such as the missing surround sound, but I've no way to determine that myself.

Edited by Kindoffer
Typo

Hey Kapten Teo,

I'm sorry for the audio issue you have run into. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it shortly. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time.

We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.