Short stuttering (loading stutters) during gameplay

lead341

Question

Hi everyone,

I am playing the game on a I7-2600k, 8 GB Ram and a Geforce 970 GTX. And while the fps performance is great, I am always getting short "loading stutters" - for example when in battle I cast a spell. It appears that the CPU has to load the graphical effects and it stutters. But sometimes the stuttering also occurs when moving around the map.

Is there something I could do about that? 

Thanks in advance.

lead

1 answer to this question

On 9/18/2019 at 10:29 PM, lead341 said:

Hi everyone,

I am playing the game on a I7-2600k, 8 GB Ram and a Geforce 970 GTX. And while the fps performance is great, I am always getting short "loading stutters" - for example when in battle I cast a spell. It appears that the CPU has to load the graphical effects and it stutters. But sometimes the stuttering also occurs when moving around the map.

Is there something I could do about that? 

Thanks in advance.

lead

Task manager>Details>Game.exe>affinity> start disabling every 2nd core 1,3,5,7 etc.After that if you still experience stutter then disable any 1 core and check again.Repeat if it still happens. I had to lower the game to only use 3 cores to somewhat fix it from my whole 16.Crazy.

Video of the issue with pillars of eternity for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J1Pk-A4Y10&feature=youtu.be Stil stutters sadly after disabling the cores but I think it's the game tbh but the frames are better.

Edited by Wiseude