Split from Q to Devs - take two

Gamespy (I hope i'm not mixing up previews) suggested that T3 is the only ::party:: NPC from last game that will join up with you in K2. Is that the case?

No comment. ;) NPC characters and details about them are the type of things that are more likely to be revealed through press coverage of the game than here on the forums. Sorry!

-Akari

butbutbut! It WAS reported through press coverage! I'm just looking for conformation or denial of that report! :(

Since many of the old characters will be returning in some form or another (but not playable), what do we know about the new companions? At this time, only a few of their names. Kreia is an older female Jedi (counterpoint to Jolee?) who can help you, and is apparently staying hidden from the Sith. T3-M4, the R2-D2-like robot from the first game will lead you through the tutorial sequence. Finally, Atton Rand is a roguish character, said to be similar to Han Solo from the movies. In all, you'll have 10 potential party members to pool from.

Actually, that suggest T3 isn't playable after the tutorial

Kumquat:

"Gamespy (I hope i'm not mixing up previews) suggested that T3 is the only ::party:: NPC from last game that will join up with you in K2. Is that the case?"

No.

TrueNeutral:

"Will any non-party member NPC be appearing in KotOR II: tSL?"

Yes.

Drakon:

"Can we customize underwear?"

Your underwear? Yes. The character's? No.

Jaguars forever:

"But will the recruitable NPC options depend on alignment, unlike KotOR where initially you had to have the same NPC's regardless (despite later on being able to kill them)."

Your ability to recruit an NPC will depend on the storyline you are following, which is influenced by your light and dark side choices.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Kumquat:

"Gamespy (I hope i'm not mixing up previews) suggested that T3 is the only ::party:: NPC from last game that will join up with you in K2. Is that the case?"

No.

Would you like to point me in the direction of proof?

I am just implying that if you choose to answer a question posted here, be prepared to back it up

and Maria has a tendence to make stuff up it seems. That being said, I would be shock if T3 was the only joinable party npc from last game, but you never know.

Okay, for storyline's sake I know there must be a point where the PC must choose either Dark Side or Light Side, but my question is:

Is the moment of choice in KOTOR 2 going to be handled in the same way as KOTOR 1? (That is, even if your character is totally DS up until that point you can still choose the lightside option.)

Which brings me to my second question (two for the post of one)

Will dialogue options start to change as your alignment slides one way or another reflecting your goody-goody side or your total badass slide into the Dark Side?

Kumquat:

"I am just implying that if you choose to answer a question posted here, be prepared to back it up

and Maria has a tendence to make stuff up it seems. That being said, I would be shock if T3 was the only joinable party npc from last game, but you never know."

"Tendency"

You know, kumquat, I understand you dislike me but I think there are better ways of handling it then calling me needlessly anal or a liar. You asked a question and I answered it, the same way I try to answer the majority of the questions I come across. As for backing my facts up

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

You asked a question and I answered it, the same way I try to answer the majority of the questions I come across.

Sure, thats great, if you in fact have your "facts" straight

You claimed in the other thread that you were about to post that there were more than 10 NPCs in the game, but a dev beat you to it. This you did not know until a dev posted it. You may have read it on some fansite or on a meassage board, but this doesn't make it fact or trustworthy. Especially when major publications have been wrong on numerous things.

Now you claimed to know that party NPCs from kotor, other than T3, will possibly join you. Again, something you do not know. Or at least did not hear from a source that you can back up the comment with. When I asked you to come up with one, you would or could not.

So, I ask you, please stop jumping the gun with misinformation or unsubstantiated claims. Thanks

If you would like to say "I think" or "My guess is" before what you say, that would work as well. Like this: "I think that you are in fact correct about other kotor party npcs joining you in K2, but it isn't something that is known to be true"

Likewise, I could tell you that there will be more lightsaber colors, that there will be seven worlds, that a new composer is coming on, that your character will not have amnesia and will not have his lightsaber

All that has been in numerous publications or has been commented on by the devs. Most people can safely say those things.

Kumquat:

" This you did not know until a dev posted it."

Yes, I did know that.

" Now you claimed to know that party NPCs from kotor, other than T3, will possibly join you. Again, something you do not know. Or at least did not hear from a source that you can back up the comment with. When I asked you to come up with one, you would or could not."

Electronic Gaming, pg 81

Kumquat, I'm certain you're a lovely person in person but you are coming off as someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Nartwork:

"Since when did ocean water freeze at depth? Isn't there too much salinity?"

Saltwater freezes at lower temperatures than fresh water but, yes, it freezes then rises to the top and melts again.

Nartwork:

"Since when did ocean water freeze at depth? Isn't there too much salinity?"

Saltwater freezes at lower temperatures than fresh water but, yes, it freezes then rises to the top and melts again.

And if this didn't happen there would be no humans on earth.

Yes, I did know that.

Again, how? Just like you "knew" the below?

Electronic Gaming, pg 81

which says "The only recurring characters we know for sure will have sizeable roles are.....T3-M4 and another 'bot ...::who looks like::....HK-47."

Never does it say they are playable/party NPCs! So we don't know that. Other articles, like the Gamebanshee one, suggest he is in fact not playable:

Expect to see cameos and back-story filler from Carth, T3-M4, HK-47 (of course) and a slew of others who survived the last story.

slightly down from that...

Since many of the old characters will be returning in some form or another (but not playable), what do we know about the new companions? At this time, only a few of their names. Krea is an older female Jedi (counterpoint to Jolee?) who offers aid in the beginning, and is apparently staying hidden from the Sith. T3-M4, the R2-D2-like robot from the first game will lead you through the tutorial sequence. Finally, Atton Rand is a roguish character, said to be similar to Han Solo from the movies. In all, you'll have 10 potential party members to pool from.

So again, how do you know? Or do you not know and you assumed and felt the need to tell people these things as current facts. You may be right in the end, but as of now it's just a guess.

You know, I've decided this isn't worth it.

Kumquat, you're correct. I was wrong to post before I was 100% certain of my facts. I thought I was being helpful but I did so in what was obviously a sloppy and poorly considered manner. I apologize for anything I might have said that has upset you and will make my best effort in the future to avoid doing so.

you didn't take the highroad, you just tried to save face.

anywho:

How many "Sith Lords" are in the game?

Will party NPCs still be able to create something for you? Like Jolee and medpaks.

Will stealth still require a stealth belt?

Kumquat, you're correct. I was wrong to post before I was 100% certain of my facts. I thought I was being helpful but I did so in what was obviously a sloppy and poorly considered manner. I apologize for anything I might have said that has upset you and will make my best effort in the future to avoid doing so.

:rolleyes:;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kumquatq3, you've just officially made an ass of yourself. I'd suggest you act a little less argumentative, you'll get alot more flies with honey than with vineagar. ;)

you didn't take the highroad, you just tried to save face.

anywho:

How many "Sith Lords" are in the game?

Will party NPCs still be able to create something for you? Like Jolee and medpaks.

Will stealth still require a stealth belt?

And you just made yourself look like even more of an ASS than before. I suggest you quit digging your hole while it's only up to your ears my socially inept acquaintance. :rolleyes:

Good question. I hope you don't mind if I answer it in a PM as it has little to do with this thread and I already feel bad about the off-topic discussion.