Chamption Edition bonus soundtrack - terrible quality

blm_is_your_friend

Question

Justin's music is really incredible, in my personal opinion some of the greatest ever written for games. I really believe that. I am a huge fan of Pathfinder Adventures and Pillars of Eternity soundtracks.

So I bought POE Champion Edition for the soundtrack in FLAC, and not very happy at all: the sound is very distorted. I checked in my audio program and you can see the waveform is severely clipped (screenshot attached from Eora main theme)

I asked steam for a refund because of this but they won't do it.

Can Obsidian please re-release the audio without this distortion? 
Or can anyone please provide direction to alternative lossless source for this soundtrack?

Thank you for help

wave_clip.png

Edited by blm_is_your_friend

2 answers to this question

Heyblm_is_your_friend.  First off, sincere apologies for taking so long to respond to this.  I know you've been working with our support team , and they've done a great job communicating with me about this.  The failure is on me.  

That audio sure does look distorted to me as well.  I can't explain why that's the case, but I have the source files here and this is what they look like:

image.png

I will work with our support folks to see about getting this resolved, please look for a response from them.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:15 AM, Justin Bell said:

Heyblm_is_your_friend.  First off, sincere apologies for taking so long to respond to this.  I know you've been working with our support team , and they've done a great job communicating with me about this.  The failure is on me.  

That audio sure does look distorted to me as well.  I can't explain why that's the case, but I have the source files here and this is what they look like:

image.png

I will work with our support folks to see about getting this resolved, please look for a response from them.

Hi Justin,

The wait is fine, you guys are busy making new content, and I hope to collect your new music in the future!

I have several e-mails over the last months from your colleague Samuel in support department, thank you all for paying attention to this.

Re-mastering work that is already released and on market is a big ask, but I think this music is superb and deserves special care to preserve it for future generations! Maybe some day we can see a re-release of remastered audio?

Thanks again, from your fan Kyle