Not really sure how to best describe this bug.
Occasionally when I cancel a spell cast by a party member, the cancelled spell "jumps" to a nearby party member who will attempt to cast the spell instead. If that party member is in the middle of an action when the spell "jumps" to them, they will cancel their current action endlessly and effectively become soft-locked. See screenshot where my MC single class monk is attempting to cast Ninagauth's Shadowflame (which he of course doesn't have) after I cancelled this spell on Aloth. My MC's current action, stunning surge, is cancelled endlessly and the character is completely locked.
- the endless cancelling occurs even when the game is paused.
- the particle effect for stunning surge repeatedly builds up causing the game to slow to a crawl. This occurs even while the game is paused.
- the affected character is completely locked. He cannot cancel his current action, move, or do anything, effectively requiring a reload.
- The lock persists even after combat ends.
- While I have observed this bug occurring in multiple fights, in my experience, it tends to happen more frequently during the Lord Admiral Imp fight. I have no idea if this is just a coincidence or if there is something special about that fight which triggers this bug more regularly.
EDIT - screenshot now attached.
Edited by elbe, 22 March 2019 - 03:08 AM.