Trials of Iron crash & there is no autosave

bigolbert

Question

Just bought game two days ago, and the 3 DLC's for $30 more.  5 hours into a session the game crashes.  No big deal..... the game doesn't F$%#@ng autosave for ironman mode.  Would have to replay 5 hours I just did.  I see online this has been a problem since launch and developers never addressed it.  Tried to get a refund on steam but because I'm over 2 hours, no dice.  Out $80.

I'm not going to replay those 5 hours again when a crash can happen anytime and there is no way to save progress without occasionally save-exiting the game.  Is there anyway to go back to just before the crash in the game files?  If not is there anyway to get my god damn money back.  It's not like i was googling looking for this specific issue when I bought the game.

For the developers: Crash happened in the middle of talking to the 5 gods for the first time.  When it keeps alternating which one is colored in when they speak.  Spent a long time trying to find the crash file, and it appears it wasn't created?  

1 answer to this question

Just bought game two days ago, and the 3 DLC's for $30 more.  5 hours into a session the game crashes.  No big deal..... the game doesn't F$%#@ng autosave for ironman mode.  Would have to replay 5 hours I just did.  I see online this has been a problem since launch and developers never addressed it.  Tried to get a refund on steam but because I'm over 2 hours, no dice.  Out $80.

I'm not going to replay those 5 hours again when a crash can happen anytime and there is no way to save progress without occasionally save-exiting the game.  Is there anyway to go back to just before the crash in the game files?  If not is there anyway to get my god damn money back.  It's not like i was googling looking for this specific issue when I bought the game.

For the developers: Crash happened in the middle of talking to the 5 gods for the first time.  When it keeps alternating which one is colored in when they speak.  Spent a long time trying to find the crash file, and it appears it wasn't created?  

That really sucks dude. I don't have much to say, other than in PoE1 after losing a few runs due to game-breaking bugs, yes, I manually ended up saving and keeping back ups of those saves just to preserve the iron man runs. If Deadfire's not autosaving for ironman, that's even worse than PoE1 (which at the very least did autosave, and made keeping backup saves easier--just alt-tabbing and copying the save file to a backup folder--instead of having to exit completely all the time). Developers really should not be designing game modes that rely on games being crash proof.... ever (I had similar hair-pulling crashes doing Fallout 4 survival mode).

But I empathize with you, that sucks.

Edited by thelee